Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the snap-on belt holsters made by various manufacturers? This method of OWB seems to offer the convenience of a paddle with the security of loops snapped onto the belt. I noticed that most of the major makers have one: Galco, HNH, Comp-Tac, etc. As well as the customs: Milt Sparks, UBG, TT Gunleather, et. al. Anyone that has experience and maybe some pics of what they carry, your input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for asking the question, I'd be interested in hearing responses too, as I'm thinking of getting a Highnoon Snapper.

·
Administrator
21,398 Posts
I think they are great, they have the ease of a paddle holster without the risk of the holster coming off with the gun during the draw. The wife carried this way for many months and had minimal issue concealing the gun even on her small frame.

Thanks to her speaking so highly of the holster I bought one of my own, and it's one of my favorite holsters.

Both are UBG Regulators, I've been thinking of getting another one for my 5" 1911, but haven't decided on exactly where I want to go for it. I'm thinking of giving TT Gun Leather another try, or just going ahead and ordering a Milt Sparks Axiom. :image035:

But it's always hard NOT to order from UBG, he just makes some great stuff. :hand2:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I use the Del Fatti LPS when I carry OWB and find it very comfortable and convenient if I have to disarm to go into a prohibited location.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
I use one from Little Bear (sorry - no pictures) and is very comfortable. Mine has double snaps on each side. It is a very good alternative to paddles (which I am less than comfortable with). Easy on, easy off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
UBG Regulators for each of my carry pieces. Holds close and tight..

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I love mine, its actually my fave holster. Mines a Blackhawk CQC for a Sig P220

·
Registered
73 Posts
Easy on, easy off! My main method of carry. Waiting for another from Lobo leather for my new Glock 27.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never saw any of lobo leather's stuff, looks nice. I might have to order one of these! Thanks everyone else for all the input, I am definitely going to order a side snap holster.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So many choices! :confused: Now I don't know which to get.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have three Alessi CQC/S, a K&D Laredo Defender, A Rosen express line, and a Sparks Axiom.

They are very convenient and secure.
As much as I admire Tony and Sparks, I must say that I prefer the CQC/S style. I find the Axiom almost impossible to snap on a 1.5 inch belt, including the new Sparks 1.5 inch belt I just received. When it does get snapped the holster is so tight that the gun almost cannot be reholstered.
My Axiom is made for a 1.5 inch belt, but I cannot use it for that belt. That is not a problem as I wear 1.25 inch belts most of the time, and the Axiom does fine for that. I still like the holster, and it is prettier.

If I don't forget it, I plan to call Sparks after the holidays and see if I am the exception. This is not really a complaint, but I think it is a design problem with the Axiom.

But you will not go wrong with a snap loop holster. I just received two snap combination mag/light carriers from TT. They were excellent and top notch workmanship.

The snap loop holsters would be my favorite if I did not own a Nossar horsehide PNCK. But get a mag carrier also.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
10,806 Posts

K&D Laredo with beaver tail and CZ 75BD

K&D Laredo and Witness 9mm

K&D Laredo and Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special

K&D Laredo with elephant and S&W 1066

Are we beginning to see a pattern here? My everyday carry is the CZ 75. I also have a paddle holster for the CZ from K&D that I use at home. For about 15 months my EDC was the S&W in 10mm, but I decided to go with a caliber that was more easily available and moved to 9mm. I used the Witness 9mm for my EDC for about a year. Because of my eyes I decided to add Crimson Trace grips to my EDC only to discover that no grips were available for the 9mm pistols I had. I made a study and decided on the CZ 75BD. For the last 11 months the CZ has been my EDC. In each case they were carried in a K&D Laredo. The Bulldog is what I carry when I have to wear a suit or sport coat. The others tend to show if I have to put my hand in my pants pocket.

I use the snap on holsters because they are easy to put on and remove; easy to position; and provide a solid carry.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I carry OWB with a snap holster all the time. Mine are UBG Regulators. I have them for my 1911's and my Kahr CW9. I don't typically carry in the house, but I arm up when I leave. The convenience of snaps is a great feature. No need to undo the belt, lace it through slots, etc. It's also been very secure. I use my carry gear for IDPA matches also. Lots of experience drawing and reholstering, never an issue with the snap security. Here's a pic of my commander in a UBG Regulator, brown with sharkskin trim...

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
My UBG regulator is, by far, my favorite holster. It is SO comfortable and very easy for on and off, especially since I don't have to thread my belt all the way through it all.

Best of all it's so much more secure than a clip. That holster isn't going anywhere if I don't want it to.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
This Mitch Rosen Premier has been a favorite of mine. The way it is molded keeps it very close to the body. I've purchased several for various guns...always a good fit, good quality.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have owned 2 of TT Gunleather snaps. Not the best for summer CC IMO for a full sized/long barrel weapon but they are very versatile and do make for a good winter CC rig under a coat.

TT makes a model that is an exact duplicate of the MS Axiom for alot less money that is pure quality. Lotta holster for the money.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Side Guard Holsters

I use the Snap by SGH. Works great for easy on/off. Custom fitted to my Sig 2022 so the retention is great. Will not fall out even if turned upside down, but the pistol draws with little effort.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My IPSC and BBQ holster.

K&D Dakota Defender with gray elephant trim and loops.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts