Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time I've mentioned about the upgrades/renovation that I've been doing to my shop. Here's a couple of pics of the most recent. Yesterday and today I laid new commercial grade carpet. That was loads of fun, especially moving all the equipment around. :yup: :rolleyes: These pics show one-half of the shop. The other half is still going through some renovations/upgrades. And, of course, I've got to finish up the taping and painting of the shop.

Here's the most important piece of equipment:

It keeps the coca-cola ice cold and stays well-stocked. It's 30 years old. I can place either cans or bottles, and it holds about 60 cans worth.

Can you tell I like to collect Coca-Cola stuff? :image035: The stuff you see in the pics is mostly from the 70's and 80's, but I've got stuff from the 30's and 40's, too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Looking good, Kevin! :biggrin2:

I've been addicted to Coca-Cola since I was knee-high to a short sheep. :yup:

What can I say, Mom is a bit of a sheeple. . . :redface:

mm

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanx for the post and pics. I always loved the smell of a leather shop. The Coke stuff is a nice touch also. I have'nt seen a .40 price on a Coke machine in a long time.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My earliest recollection of a Coke machine was one that gave out little bottles, 6 or 8 oz, and the cost was a nickle.

Damn! I'm ancient! :aargh4:

mm

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Kevin, looks good man! I love Coke too, I just don't collect the stuff but I would love to have that Coke machine.

Ti.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Looks great!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,594 Posts
Nice arrangement - looks like an improvement, especially the Coke machine - didn't see that in your web photos. I guess that means everyone waiting on their order will get anxious, since you've "got your shop" back on line! Excuse gone! To work! :stups:

BTW - a small food market in DFW sells those little 6 oz. cokes, in those heavy glass bottles. Not being a Coke guy, I never looked at the price. The Brookshires market up here also sells them - I believe the bottles are imported from Mexico where they still rebottle a lot.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Verrrrrry Nicccccce!!!

But I'm a Mt Dew Person. LOL...

Jeeeze I hope that doesn't raise the price of my future holster. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not a big coke bottle collector, though I have a few of the commemorative types. One bottle I do have is from the local bottling company (long since closed) that's full and is from 1956. I like the NASCAR related stuff, too. I have the diecast cars from the 2000 Coca-Cola 600 race that commemorated the Armed Forces. I also have the pace car in a diecast version, along with the program from the race. It's signed on the cover by Dale Earnhardt, Sr. I have quite a few of the various glasses, including shot glasses.

Back to the shop - hope to have the rest of it finished off in the next month. I'm waiting on some cabinets right now. That side of the shop will have the power tools, kydex holster-making stuff, and where I'll do the dyeing of the holsters. There won't be any carpet on that side because I make too much of a mess when doing the dyeing. :yup:

Arkie - my wife drinks nothing but Mountain Dew. That's why I got the soda machine - to prevent cross contamination. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
K-Man,,,

So do I. LOL... Yep, you do have to watch out for that cross contamanation. :biggrin2:

I gotta call you to order a holster for a new pistol I just got. :image035:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Haha - Mtn Dew here too - or Pepsi, but hey Kevin - this proves not all Coke drinkers are too bad eh :18: :kidding:

Great pics and I had wondered how all your efforts were going on that project. Lot of work and sweat and it looks great. I remember the lovely smell of leather in my old buddy's place way back where he made bags etc - can't beat it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Kevin thanks for the update and photos. Great to know you are getting close to completion.
Mike

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice little shop you got there Kev! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Now, if you could figure a way to mold a holster for an old 8oz bottle, you'll be in bidness. And no thumbreak!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
nice shop Kevin.... I'm a coke fan myself.
LOOK !!! I think I see my holster in the making !!! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kevin,

It would be nice to see you work your magic in person some day. When you get that cross-draw rig & mag pouched tooled for me post a pic.

Happy Easter,
Adrian

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
K-Man said:
I'm not a big coke bottle collector, though I have a few of the commemorative types. <SNIP> I like the NASCAR related stuff, too.
The only Coke bottle in the house is a NASCAR Kyle Petty bottle that my Wife has. Still full of course. :image035:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
K-Man said:
That mold is for the no deposit no return 10 oz. bottles. Big deal. If it was for the REAL bottles 6 oz. or 10 oz. then they would have something. We often talk about alternative weapons on this forum. A 6 oz. Coke bottle empty or full was an alternative weapon. You could beat somebody unmercifully with it and still turn it in for the deposit. Nobody's head is hard enough to break one of those.

Do they sell Tom's Toasted Peanuts in your part of Florida? They are packed in Georgia. My father ran a country store when I was growing up and everybody loved to get a small Coke and pour a bag of Tom's Toasted Peanuts into it. Then drink the Coke and eat the peanuts that came out with each swallow. I can't find the small Cokes, but I keep stocked up on the Tom's Toasted Peanuts. If you can't get them where you are let me know and I'll sent you some (after my holster arrives :biggrin2: ).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts