Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have or try a "Sneaky Pete" belt or clip holster? if so,whats you're opinion?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My only experience with Sneaky Pete holsters is when I first saw one I had a WTH moment. Now that I know what they are nothing screams gun more than they do. IMO the PDA holster is more stealthy because you can add a stylus/pen to it to make it look like a real PDA case.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Yup, I have one and have used it on more than one occasion with a LC9 when I couldn't easily carry IWB.
Most unknowing folks don't look twice. Need a sturdy belt as it will cause you to sag otherwise.
I have thought of putting a small medical decal on it, as it is a possible life saving device.

Not my first choice, but it does offer options.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's a good idea of putting a medical decal on it,because I don't like the idea of having the "SP" logo on it if some people are familiar with sneaky pete. Also,i thought it looks too much like a big cell phone case that has a lot of your personal info on that some people would love to steal and have easy access to it.is it quick and easy to draw from?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a friend who uses one, I personally don't care for them but that's just me, I never had the need for a PDA. As far as "nothing screams gun more" I usually don't buy into any of this hype, if your not into guns you probably don't have a clue that's what's inside the case, most people wouldn't notice if it had a S&W logo on the outside of it, as far as the SP on it most might think its your initials.
It is not his main way of carrying but it does have it's place with him.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I have three. Use them often. They mostly go unnoticed. The few folks who question or comment do so quietly and are positive.

The plain ones have the logo discretely imprinted into the leather, the alligator ones have the shiny logo affixed.

I generally prefer loops over clips, but the belt loop version has the loops too close together to allow lacing through the pants belt loop ; the clips are good quality.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have carried many times over the last three years in Super Markets, Hardware stores, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot etc. with my Sneaky Pete. Both the Nano with LaserMax and the XDs45 with Crimson Trace fit the same Sneaky Pete. As far as I know no one has ever given it a second look much as commented on it. I do not believe it "screams gun". How many people do you think know what "SP" means?

Here in Texas we are allowed with an LTC to carry openly which I do part of the time. No one pays any attention to that either. People are too busy doing their own thing to even notice. As far as drawing, use your thumb to pop the lid up and drawing comes fast and easy. I have a drawer full of holsters and this is the most comfortable of all. I don't use it with a coat or jacket because of the lid.

Here was a novel idea.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks for the photo

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I noticed a senior in my area carrying with one of these. At that very moment it dawned on me, the only people who will look at this and know someone is carrying are gun folk that wouldn't care in the first place.

It's not my cup of tea, but if it's what gets you to carry when leaving the house and you're comfortable with it, then by all means. The best gun and holster is the one you'll always leave the house with.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I noticed a senior in my area carrying with one of these. At that very moment it dawned on me, the only people who will look at this and know someone is carrying are gun folk that wouldn't care in the first place.

It's not my cup of tea, but if it's what gets you to carry when leaving the house and you're comfortable with it, then by all means. The best gun and holster is the one you'll always leave the house with.
No gun nut/carry people aren't the only ones who will notice them. Thugs will too. That's why I don't like them. But in one sense you're right. The sheeple will never notice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts