Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my first Sneaky Peat Holster in public today. A nicely dressed man in his 60’s (?) at the Grocery Store. Tucked in button down shirt, dressier short pants. It was on his Belt at about the 2:30 position. Being a Concealed carrier I noticed it had the little SP emblem on it. I watched him for a while. No one gave him a second look. It looked like a case to carry a small tablet or very large cell phone. Unless there were other Concealed Carriers around, I’m sure no one had a clue. I think this would also work for ladies that can’t find a way to carry. As long as they wear some type of belt, it would look like a belt pack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried one for a few days with my 43X. I didn’t like it. Partially, it’s because I’m left handed and it got in the way every time I entered my car. Otherwise, it’s fine. However, the circumstances under which I would want to use it (attire) mean that I’ll be getting in and out of the car all day.

I’m continuing my search.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I've seen a few in public and they seem pretty obvious to anyone who would be looking for a weapon, like a criminal. Not for me.

I actually jury rigged something similar when I first started carrying, and quickly abandoned the idea after someone asked me if I had a gun in there.

·
Premium Member
5,922 Posts
I used a cell phone belt base for spare ammo for awhile. The holsters look nice but probably a give away as to contents.

·
Registered
G19.4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42 and more.
793 Posts
Love mine -- P365 fits and with the Air Force "Wings" (see sneaky pete website) it's out there for all the world to see. I have been asked what it was only once. I answered, "it's my toah kit" -- 2A Kit :)

·
Premium Member
8,125 Posts
One of my friends uses a Sneaky Pete for her P365 which is her only pistol. I have not done timed draw from the holster drills with her, but I'm betting that, in a SD situation, she would be so slow as to be dead before she could get her gun up and out. But to be fair, she is not a super good shooter although she does try to practice regularly.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Sneaky? :LOL: As "sneaky" as open carry, IMO.
Covert (sneaky) open carry.

Reactions: SpringerXD

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Douglas Adams wrote about an S.E.P. field. It was a science fiction device that cloaked an object in a field that didn't render it invisible. It just made everyone that looked at it think "This is someone else's problem".
Most people tend to avoid looking at others. Of course, really you just then have to be aware of the people that are looking at you.

·
Premium Member
36,750 Posts
Not for me. I can see where it might be a decent option for some.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
One of my friends uses a Sneaky Pete for her P365 which is her only pistol. I have not done timed draw from the holster drills with her, but I'm betting that, in a SD situation, she would be so slow as to be dead before she could get her gun up and out. But to be fair, she is not a super good shooter although she does try to practice regularly.
Sometimes when bad things happen those are the people that don't loose their minds and perform like they planned it that way! Heres hoping she never needs to find out! DR

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
To any reasonably intelligent cop, a Sneaky Pete says "GUN"!
Cops know about these things. It's their job to know about these things.

The same is true about even only slightly intelligent criminals.
It's their job to know about these things too.

And Shooter Granny is right about "slow on the draw." It's not a quick-access device.
Besides, it takes two hands: One hand to hold the flap up, and one hand to make the presentation.

A decent leather holster, OWB or IWB, under a light cover garment (for instance either a warm or a dressy-looking vest), is probably the best concealment system.
But then you gotta practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
781 Posts
And here I thought this was going to be about pool cues. I don't think anybody falls for them either.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts