Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I go, About a week ago I was OCing at WW with my family as I have done many times before and had made it all the way through the store to the checkout counter. As I was paying for my groceries I noticed a couple of sheeple walking out two isles over and the husband was not so quietly poking his wife in the side and asking her if she had seen my weapon. By the time they had passed me I had heard him ask her about two or three times. All I could really do at that time was throw a grin on my face and nod to him. I made the comment to my girlfriend as we left and we got a good laugh out of it.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Perhaps educating , rather than laughing at Sheeple might further our cause?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I think the OP was referring to THEM snickering at him/her.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Perhaps educating , rather than laughing at Sheeple might further our cause?
The education was simple and straightforward: a calm, average person was responsibly carrying a life-saving defensive tool; he wasn't spontaneously combusting; he wasn't foaming at the mouth like their ultra-fearful friends have said might happen. They just looked like normal people.

That's a powerful education, right there. Of course, the "sheeple" need to see it, and to understand it.

Whatever sniggering was done seems to have been done between the armed couple in private, not directed at the sheeple.

In the situation, what was done is about as much as could be done to further the cause, short of taking them aside to have a discussion about the cause.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I don't think they would be snickering if they were getting robbed and raped by BG's and he's thinking if I only had a gun

·
Registered
967 Posts
With all due respect...are we miscomprehending what the OP wrote here, or am I?

I think CCW9MM spelled it out quite clearly.

OP, it would have have made a chuckle out of me also. I too would've acknowleged his actions and given the grin-nod.

Maybe has was like "look honey LOOK!! he is carrying why can't I?"

Or it could have been the ooohhhooo he's got a gun...don't upset him....stay clear of him....Look honey, look!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i read it that he may want to carry also...

or at least interest in it...

or..honey...thats the same xdm 40 that i carry concealed...

or...i like the holster...i would carry out more if i had a holster like that...

·
Registered
631 Posts
"See Honey, if I had a set of grips like those I could wear my BBQ gun alla time too. An, youknow, Christmas is only in a coupla weeks..."

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
This seems like another case were our society just will not exercise one bit of tact.

I could not imagine being in Walmart and loudly getting my wife's attention to stere at someone else. No matter what they had on their hip. :hand1:

·
Banned
342 Posts
I could not imagine being in Walmart and loudly getting my wife's attention to stere at someone else.
...and there are plenty of people to stare at in Walmart. That place is a freak show. I avoid it like the swine flu. I happily pay $1 extra for my shampoo at a different store so that I don't have to subject myself to the Walmart shopping experience.

·
Registered
967 Posts
...and there are plenty of people to stare at in Walmart. That place is a freak show. I avoid it like the swine flu.
:haha:LOL

I don't mind going cause it's entertaining and helps ease the pains of shopping with the wife somtimes. Can't beat some of thier prices....like the big jugs of synthetic oil for cheap. Also the Meguiers products are fairly cheaper there. Go to Hi-Lo/Orielly or Autozone and spend almost $15 more on the same oil....that's almost a full tank of gas difference for me.

And the Hoppes #9 and RemOil is cheap there also...can't beat the prices for the gun cleaning kits, and cotton swaps too.

·
Banned
342 Posts
:rolleyes:

Please, physically challenged.

Any yes there are some deals to be had at Walmart. I'll admit to having sprinted through the store to the back a couple of times to buy 100 rounds of 12 guage for $22....back when I shot trap.

·
Registered
500 Posts
They were snickering because they both carry 45s. :hand5:

:gah:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I would NEVER go up to a person as described, and "educate" them on OC. They would need to direct a comment to me first.

For those suggesting the OP did anything wrong because he should have confront the gun-shy observer, you may find your will also receive an education on how easily your need to put the world in it's place leads to misunderstood intentions.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Never assume what others are talking about, it may not have even involved your gun...was your fly open?:gah:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts