Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Calling him a "sniper" is a real stretch. He sure isn't sniping by any definition I've heard. But it sure was an interesting piece of video.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Yeah ''sniping'' per se is a stretch but, certainly that whole group was seemingly laying down some quite heavy fire. Seemed pretty long range stuff and interesting to watch.

No obvious feedback tho as to useful hits as I recall. Fascinating vid tho - thx.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
SNIPER ??? I THINK NOT ! One halfa$$ed counter sniper and these guys would be toast. Looks like some "independent contractors" had an afternoon off, found an "authorized" free fire zone, and were just having some fun. OBTW -- There aint a thing wrong with having fun.-----------

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Interesting. Long range shooting is a better description. I've known a couple snipers and they wouldn't do what the video shows. It's not thier job either. These guys are shooting at a fair distance though. One called range was about 800 meters.

-Scott-

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think it was actually a Sniper Competition....you know, where they all line up and take their long range shots...the occasional heavy fire was from the instructor. His purpose was to knock out the easy targets and make the others duck, thereby providing a bit harder target. LOL! I don't care what you really call it or who is doing it as long as the "bad guys" are the ones getting hit. :tongue: BTW, Charles Whitman was called a sniper too!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
rstickle said:
Calling him a "sniper" is a real stretch. He sure isn't sniping by any definition I've heard. But it sure was an interesting piece of video.
IIRC from the video, they were referred to as "mercs" and that rings true with me. I can't seen any current military organization, even Delta or SEAL tm 6 who are the dedicated counter terror groups and are selected for being able to act on their own....they'd never violate OPSEC by letting themselves be video'd. But an outfit like BLACKWATER might want to put it out there because they've taken some serious casualties and might not be above a little pre-emptive suppression. I could also see a direct-action intelligence operation doing something like this.....alphabet soup groups...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is a way back on the pages, but I'm new here and just came upon this..this video was a joke..he's using what looks like an M-16A4 with a big scope..sniper?!? I think not..looks to me like some contractors killing some time..and guys like this are part of te "problem" over there. The contractors aren't controled by anyone and can and do what ever they want. When I was over there the last time..we even had some civilian cotractors shooting at US convoys..sorry tis is a long rant..but this video was just redonkulus!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Sniper? hardly, note the puff of dust w/ each shot. easy give away of your position, not to mention the multiply shots from 1 position and brass ejecting.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Saw this video a long time ago, and if it's legit at all. It is definately some scum-suckin' merc. Glad they already identify themselves as turds, those of you who have ever been on a ship or owned an RV know that "Blackwater" is just another term for liquid excrement.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So much for "one shot one kill". This is guy is cleaning house....not sure what he is hitting....seems more like a self-gratification film.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is a legit video of a group of Blackwater contractors in Iraq. They were helping some Marines defend an outpost near Najaf.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
JFreuler said:
It is a legit video of a group of Blackwater contractors in Iraq. They were helping some Marines defend an outpost near Najaf.
Don't think anyone is saying they weren't helping, or that they were doing anything wrong.

Just that calling them snipers is a real stretch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree about them being labeled as snipers. Don't think they were trying to play that role and calling them that I think is a stretch.

blueyedevil made reference above that it maybe not being legit. I was just trying to address his statement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts