Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going thru some old vid footage and found this wee bit of BFR shooting. Thought Bud might like it anyways :wink:

First shot was a buddy having a try - he is not quite new to shooting but you may notice his recoil has a bit more ''shock'' effect - he doesn't let the gun ''flow'' with its recoil.

I am the opposite and let the gun climb freely, even exaggerating it might appear, but that way much more comfortable I find. 45-70 rocks!

Clip is real short - 1.2Mb.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
SWEEETT!!!!

That Really Screams THIS IS MY BOOOOOOOMSTICK

Makes my vid of me shooting the 500 look like im plinking with a 22

What load were you running a 405?

I admit im bad about locking up while shooting more of a combat stance even with the boomers course i always shoot standing ..

I'd Like to give that a try though

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm impressed Chris, there aren't many who would fire a 45/70 pistol from the bench. Looks like you handled it very well too. I'd love to have a BFR someday. I just love the name; "Biggest, Finest Revolver", who do they think they're kidding? It lives up to either name you care to give it.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What load were you running a 405?
Yep - the 405 Lasercast - shoved by 41.5 of RL7. It could go hotter but that load seems a fair compromize. IIRC it yields 1550 ft lbs so. While not up there with 500 or 460 - it is a good hunting round.

I actually enjoy bench shooting, hand on sandbag - gives good control and great too for dialing in. The Holosight also is great on that gun. Connects every shot with 100 yard steel plate!

Also fun is standing and shooting off hand - just strong hand only! :smilez:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thought Bud - what about some vid when you get to loosing off some hot 460's eventually eh! :wink:

·
Registered
262 Posts
That video is awesome - thanks! Makes my poor little 45LC Blackhawk feel woefully inadequate. The BFR is staying on the "gotta get one" list. :hand10:

Bonus points for shooting off the bench as well!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have artificial shoulders from that?
R&G - no, just std shoulders :smilez: As I said earlier tho - the somewhat loose recoil 'soak-up' spares much and stops excessive shock travelling thru to excess.

Tho the grip on the gun can be firm and very controlled - it can also be allowed to permit a more natural rise, which I find reduces what goes into wrists, up arms and into shoulders.

Bud - hope you can manage some vid sometime. Does your graphics card allow for vid input?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
P95Carry said:
Bud - hope you can manage some vid sometime. Does your graphics card allow for vid input?
No it doesn't that i know so there in lies the problem..

Want a couple 500 grain solids to try out for the 45/70?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx for bullet offer - I have thought of going heavier and in fact have some test bullets I got from Gewehr to try out when I get to some darned reloading!

They are 480's and plenty long enough!! I reckon overall I'll stick to the 405's - like those :smilez:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
P95Carry said:
Thx for bullet offer - I have thought of going heavier and in fact have some test bullets I got from Gewehr to try out when I get to some darned reloading!

They are 480's and plenty long enough!! I reckon overall I'll stick to the 405's - like those :smilez:
Wimp:buttkick:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts