Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess we will soon see what American's think about the push for more gun control and at a time of high crime rates and unrest the defunding of police.
I sure hope that
#1 It is a fair election with minimal shenanigans.
#2 The electorate has had enough of crime and riots and is ready to turn things about.

Biden gun and police policies threaten Democrats' 2022 midterm prospects

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I tend to think that Mike1956 is correct. The liberals/leftists only believe what they hear from the mainstream media, and unless they themselves have been personally affected by crime, etc. they tend to go along with the program. I find it hard to believe how many people say, "I only believe what I see/hear on NPR, in the New York Times, etc."

My wife's communist aunt who lives in California actually told her the protests last summer were "mostly peaceful." How could you possibly say that with a straight face, when you watch a reporter say that while they are standing in front of a burning building?

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
I think what’s closer to the truth is we don’t know what the real truth is.
Maybe the protests were mostly peaceful, but the media wants to twist things up, just like they did for Jan 6th.
Maybe they are playing both ends against the middle to keep everyone off.

I don’t see a change in heart of where people are politically. Each side thinks it’s the banner or truth and all things righteous.

What I do know is for the first time in my life, I feel like we are a herd of dumb cattle being lead in to a slaughterhouse, all the while thinking we are going to another grazing field.

·
Premium Member
40,128 Posts
What I do know is for the first time in my life, I feel like we are a herd of dumb cattle being lead in to a slaughterhouse, all the while thinking we are going to another grazing field.
That's why I hate going to town. It reminds me I'm part of the herd, willing or not, aware of it or not.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
I don't know which direction we will go as a country, but whichever way it is, it will likely be overt and willful - Subtlety is gone, either way.

·
Premium Member
40,128 Posts
You must not have seen the news lately, the defund police movement is the Republicans fault. That means higher crime rate is also the Republicans fault.
That would be correct.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
i don't know how much effect it will have, but i think the police defunding movement is going to hurt the dems some amount. i know they're already worried about it. people tend to make their representatives pay when crime rates go up. it wouldn't take much to flip the house

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I think the ignorant sheep that is the left are perfectly settled with the voting process, so I don't think it will be a fair election with minimum shenanigans.
It worked for them last time, and I don't see anything that has happened (or will happen) to change anything.

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
I think that the dems will loose both the house and senate in the midterms. Certainly the house.

Many comments I have seen talk about how dem voters are satisfied with biden & co. GOOD! That means they will be complacent.

Everyone knows that there is much less voter participation for midterms. WE are pissed, and you cant keep us from the polls. I think many of these snowflakes will go back to sitting on their mother’s couch in the basement, eating Cheetos, and snooze through another midterm.

·
Registered
14,024 Posts
I think those issues may have some effect, but I fear not enough. There are some lessons of recent politics that the far left has proven and everyone else has yet to learn. I got chastised for calling gun owners "conservatives" here, so perhaps I should come up with a new term. "Constitutionalists?" "Not Radical Left?" it's too much to type. The heck with it, I will just say "the right" meaning the right or red side of the Overton Window.

The lesson is that the right needs to get united and get active. The left has internal disagreement, but on an election or major legislative push, they mostly stick together. The right does not. The left is active. They are working for candidates, attending rallies, making noise, getting out on the street. The right is mostly sitting at home and will only do something for their pet issues. So the gun rights advocates might get off their butts for gun rights, but not other right causes. The same with anti-censorship, pro-privacy advocates.

If the right wants to win, we have to see every right-side issue as being tied to all right-side issues. So we will not get gun rights or law and order "a la carte." Those things are part of a bigger picture.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
I tend to think that Mike1956 is correct. The liberals/leftists only believe what they hear from the mainstream media, and unless they themselves have been personally affected by crime, etc. they tend to go along with the program. I find it hard to believe how many people say, "I only believe what I see/hear on NPR, in the New York Times, etc."

My wife's communist aunt who lives in California actually told her the protests last summer were "mostly peaceful." How could you possibly say that with a straight face, when you watch a reporter say that while they are standing in front of a burning building?
If I wanted to get elected this term I would be like a hammer on these issues.
Crime
Consumer prices
Housing
and Jobs!
These are all things that effect everyone in there every day lives [ whether the voted Dem or Rep].

·
Registered
8,799 Posts
Most folks that I talk to seem to vote against more than they vote FOR. If the current ruling party could go one day without blaming Trump or "the previous administration", they might get something done. A lot of folks have little understanding of what "their party" even puts forth as their agenda. We've got better access to information, but it's not being used much.

I'd like to see the laws already in place enforced in a lot of areas, rather than new ones passed. I don't think we'll have much to be happy about in American politics in the near future...I'd love to be WRONG.

·
Premium Member
40,128 Posts
Most folks that I talk to seem to vote against more than they vote FOR. If the current ruling party could go one day without blaming Trump or "the previous administration", they might get something done. A lot of folks have little understanding of what "their party" even puts forth as their agenda. We've got better access to information, but it's not being used much.

I'd like to see the laws already in place enforced in a lot of areas, rather than new ones passed. I don't think we'll have much to be happy about in American politics in the near future...I'd love to be WRONG.
If Trump had spent more time working to fulfill campaign promises and less time attacking and firing friends, and doing recaps and victory dances over his 2016 election, he might have gotten reelected. His blusterous management style might serve him well in business, not so much as the head of state. JMO, of course, which does little to address the crises at hand.

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Although I have still not found a Democrat that can say good things about Obiden, it would not be a surprise if dems lost the house in midterms, because that’s just normally how it goes. Dems have a solid chance of retaining the senate though.

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
If Trump had spent more time working to fulfill campaign promises and less time attacking and firing friends, and doing recaps and victory dances over his 2016 election, he might have gotten reelected. His blusterous management style might serve him well in business, not so much as the head of state. JMO, of course, which does little to address the crises at hand.
Trump did a good job of fulfilling campaign promises considering he was having to battle the media, and both the democrats and republicans the entire time.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.