Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got lucky and noticed a post the other day that claimed Brownell's had some 100 round 9mm FMJ. I jumped straight over to Brownell's site and ordered 500 rounds. A few minutes later they showed out of stock so I was one of the lucky one's that got ahold of a few rounds. Or, so I thought. Arrived home today to find my shipment at my door. Box had been torn and 2 of the 5 boxes of ammo inside had come open and spilled. Apparently there is a bread crumb traill of 9mm ammo strung along from Brownell's warehouse all the way to my front door. I counted all the rounds and it ended up that only about 1 box was lost. I guess I am still rather lucky that I got any at all. By the way, I am not slamming Brownell's in any way. They shipped very quickly. These things just occasionaly happen.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You know, after looking at my own picture that hole looks suspiciously like someone's finger could have quite easily found its' way into that box. LOL

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Looking at how bad it's crushed I'm surprised only one box was lost. Good to see you have a good attitude.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I could be wrong but they're not supposed to use the packages as wheel chocks when changing a tire...

Reactions: kews12

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Looks like the driver chucked it end over end. Par for the course, in my experience.

On the bright side, congrats for finally obtaining some ammo.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Yeah...that looks shady to me. Someone got 100 rds of ammo on you. Will UPS (or whoever you shipped with) or Brownells compensate you for your loss either with credit or more ammo?

·
Registered
159 Posts
whUPS!:mad:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...that looks shady to me. Someone got 100 rds of ammo on you. Will UPS (or whoever you shipped with) or Brownells compensate you for your loss either with credit or more ammo?
I'm not sure yet. I contacted Brownell's this afternoon by email and let them know the situation. I would much rather them send me out a box rather than refund anything but since they are showing out of stock I doubt they have anything to send me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ugh, that sucks! I got 1000 rds on that deal, and the box was pristine when it arrived yesterday. $343 total, for that little 28lb box...

At least we can finally go do some practice shooting now...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I try not to be overly suspicious, but that pic looks suspicious to me.

The box was opened, possibly re-taped, and then smashed up to make it look like it got crushed. I'd bet on that.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I hope you sent pictures to Brownell's, they can learn to package a little better. Just like baggage handlers when you ship something its best to package it so that it can be thrown or dropped from 10 feet.

Also not a bad price.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congratulations on your acquisition and condolences for your loss.

I too don't buy the idea that it was just an accident. It might have started out that way, but gave way to someone 'picking' 100 rounds.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
The 500 rounds (5 boxes of 100) was a total of $178.90 shipped.
You could'a done far worse Bubba. That's .357 cents per round by my figuring. Based on 1000R not 900R. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

That hole in the box was definitely finger shaped from the look of the tape. Might have been a 'Cheater Bar'. For my money something sideways happened to your ammo. That's why we have Murphy.Of Murphy's Law Fame. Murphy's Law and fractions. Same thing what happened in that garden with Adam and Eve. I'd bet that's where the first Murphy was born.

Overall I'd say you lucked out. Right On. Maybe next time they could ship in a sturdier box. Or you get a more honest driver.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts