Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and picked up a P320 XCompact. It feels pretty great in my hands. Going to shoot it after work today. Looking forward to getting a few rounds through it.

·
Registered
34,640 Posts
I've steered clear of the G26, the 365 and the like due to the short grips. My G30 with a 9-round mag is barely acceptable as to feel. I know some say get the "X" capacity mag for that finger hold, but if that's the solution, I'd just as well have a longer grip with flush mags.

Anyhow, I hope your 365 works out well for you. That's all that matters.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
My friend from N.C. is a Sig-man! He loves that pistol brand above all others and has quite a few of them. He and his wife came up this past weekend to hang with me and my wife and we went to the range yesterday. I took a few of my HK's (of course) and my Walther PPQ and my AR-15. He brought his Sig Legion, P320 and P320 X-Compact. I really enjoyed shooting them. Very nice!

·
Registered
476 Posts
How comfy does a defensive weapon have to be? The flip side is, can you adequately conceal a gun that gives you what you consider a comfortable grip? If the answer to the latter is is yes, the rest is moot. If the answer is no, you might want to try getting comfortable with a subcompact.

I have XL hands and sub compacts just aren't comfy for me. Good luck to you though.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I have XL hands and sub compacts just aren't comfy for me. Good luck to you though.
It is the Compact size 320. 15 rounds. Not a subcompact like a 26 nor a micro like a 365.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
How comfy does a defensive weapon have to be? The flip side is, can you adequately conceal a gun that gives you what you consider a comfortable grip? If the answer to the latter is is yes, the rest is moot. If the answer is no, you might want to try getting comfortable with a subcompact.
I think not.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Went and picked up a P320 XCompact. It feels pretty great in my hands. Going to shoot it after work today. Looking forward to getting a few rounds through it.
I kind of went the other way. I own several 320's, including an X5, and a P229. All very good guns, but harder to use for CC given their size, even the compact. So I finally broke down and bought a 365XL. I have XL-XXL hands it fits well. Rates a solid zero on my "sex appeal" chart, but it is easy to carry and shoots decent.

Anyway, hope you like the new 320. I think you'll really like the step up in size and accuracy.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congrats! I've had one for over 3k rounds and happy with it. It is a hybrid with a SC length barrel & slide and the compact size frame (with improvements). It is quite accurate and easy to carry (but not quite as easy as the P365). Of course, if you are thinking a red dot optic, it has a plate and is ready to go. Good luck & happy shooting!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've steered clear of the G26, the 365 and the like due to the short grips. My G30 with a 9-round mag is barely acceptable as to feel. I know some say get the "X" capacity mag for that finger hold, but if that's the solution, I'd just as well have a longer grip with flush mags.

Anyhow, I hope your 365 works out well for you. That's all that matters.
I'm not a fan of short grips either. my P365 is technically a P365X. I use the P365XL grip module to get all 3 fingers on it and get a clean mag drop.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I shot 120 rounds through it last night before it got too dark. I really like it. Follow up shots are pretty quick and easy and I can track the X-Ray sights pretty well even without my glasses (readers). If this is supposed to have muzzle flip due to a high bore axis, I couldn't feel it. It shot pretty flat for me. Overall I'm very happy with it. Targets from my fist two mags shot from about 25ft. First one is as fast the front sight came back on target. Second one was a little slower and more controlled. Definitely room for improvement. I'm sure the groups will tighten once I get some more trigger time with it.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
You might find you carry the P320xc far more the p365 . Soft shooting , great trigger and that grip just feels good in the hand . I bought one for a bargain price figuring it would make a good carry when I get tried of shooting a 40sw or my eye sight gets worse and might need dot optics ! . Liked the grip enough to replace the grip module on my old p320c 40sw with the same X series grip module and modified my old mags to fit .

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
You might find you carry the P320xc far more the p365 . Soft shooting , great trigger and that grip just feels good in the hand . I bought one for a bargain price figuring it would make a good carry when I get tried of shooting a 40sw or my eye sight gets worse and might need dot optics ! . Liked the grip enough to replace the grip module on my old p320c 40sw with the same X series grip module and modified my old mags to fit .
I also switched from standard 320 grip to the X-series. X-Carry in my case. I thought the standard 320 grip was great but the X-series turns out to be even better. The cool thing about changing grip modules is that it is very easy to unload the old one on eBay at very good prices.

Wilson Combat recently released grip modules for the Carry and Full size pistols(X-Compact in the works). The reviews seem very favorable and there are a few small tweaks that I think would be nice. It is slimmer for one thing.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/02/03/new-wilson-combat-sig-p320-grip-modules/

They are out of stock again. Two days ago they were back, now out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
If I was in the market for this, I think I'd rather have the M&P 2.0 compact 3.6", especially if I wasn't going to use the optic cut.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I was in the market for this, I think I'd rather have the M&P 2.0 compact 3.6", especially if I wasn't going to use the optic cut.
I had one. Grip texture is great for shooting but sucks for carry. The Sig feels much better in my hands and I shoot it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MMinSC

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
MMinSC I find if Wilson and many other release anything new its suddenly the best thang ever !! I'm more than fine with a sig X series compact grip module . Maybe the Wilson version makes the full size better .

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
MMinSC I find if Wilson and many other release anything new its suddenly the best thang ever !! I'm more than fine with a sig X series compact grip module . Maybe the Wilson version makes the full size better .
Of course it is better, it says Wilson Combat on it! Seriously though, it seems well received over on SigTalk. I think the comparisons a couple of the members did was pretty good and not gushing over it because it is from WC. I thought the stock grip was great and then I tried the X-series grips and those were way better so who knows what additional incremental improvements are left for WC to eke out. It seems to have some features I would like and the price is right at $65. Selling my X-carry grip module would bring me $40 easily on eBay, so $25 for some small improvements would be worthwhile to me.

I agree, probably not a groundbreaking improvement over the X series modules.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
BBMW Maybe you should look at a the sig P320XC also . Its a far closer comparison to the m&p 3.6 compact . We have a number of m&p's gen 1 all upgraded with apex to some degree and these are mostly my wifes pistol but I have a 4.25 40sw with thumb safety is 3lb 10oz trigger . I still carry a 5 year old p320c 40sw . I got a very good deal on a P320XC a couple months back and liked the grip after 400 rounds enough to order the x series compact grip module for my old p320 compact . But to be sure it as a deal I pulled out my wifes m&p9c that has a apex trigger kit in it for a 4lb 4oz pull weight and straight trigger and with a xgrip on a 15 round mag used its very close to a m&p 3.6 compact 2.0 just with a better trigger pull !! Ha . And .10 inch barrel difference too . It also wears green ring front nigh sight and basic black rears so even sights are very close to my p320xc . Thats were the comparisons stop . With far more rounds fire thru the m&p over the year and not yet really use to the new x series grip or straight trigger 4lb 2oz trigger pull I still shot the p320xc faster on 8" steel at 15 yards with a shot timer firing 15 rounds each .

Nor I know we all have likes and dislikes but the P320XC might be worth look at too . I no brand guy with 13 years edc'n a firestar m40 and 16 years of kahrs before hand surgery made me go wider and heavier with a better trigger and I also may carry a lw commander on occasionally .

I have the option of adding optics on the p320xc and I may want to carry a 9mm over a 40sw . I bought this over the m&p compact hoping for the best and felt I got it . Before the p320xc came along I was looking at a m&p compact 2.0 too . NO interest in a p365 or the XL version .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts