Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals

I'd like to get a an idea on what IWB holster is considered to have the best concealment and also best overall - comfort, concealment and quality.

This is for a full sized (5") Kimber 1911.

Thanks,
Geo

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I like the style of IWB holster exemplified by Eric Larsen (HBE Leatherworks) COM, Brommeland's Max Con V, Sparks' Watch 6 and Versa Max II and other maker's holsters.

·
Registered
195 Posts
srfl said:
I like the style of IWB holster exemplified by Eric Larsen (HBE Leatherworks) COM, Brommeland's Max Con V, Sparks' Watch 6 and Versa Max II and other maker's holsters.
+1 A look through this holster section you will find a lot of fans of these type of IWB holsters. I use a Max Con V for my full size 1911.
It is awesome.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
There is no such this as best over all what fits me probley wont work the best for you ..

Ive carried a 1911 in a
desantis cozy partner a lot but would also recommend kdholsters Cochise Defender Iwb i carry a glock 20 in one right now

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Bud White said:
also recommend kdholsters Cochise Defender Iwb i carry a glock 20 in one right now
same here.....thats my next order for my para.
I also ordered a back pocket holster from Kevin.
Theres an indepth conversation from Kevin on every thought on the subject of holsters, I was impressed with his knowledge and friendliness...
Arthur :wave:

·
Registered
737 Posts
You may find an equal, but I doubt anything will beat a Max-Con V for comfort. Gary knows his stuff.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I can't imagine a better holster than Gary's Max con V. I really don't think it exists. you should at very least call and talk to Gary, it doesn't cost anything, and he can give some very good general information. I do not want to speak for him..but I am sure if you bought his MC-V and you didn't like it, he would take it back. With his product, he is making a pretty safe bet.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Oh yeah...the McDaniel II is a really good holster; I own one for my Beretta 92/96's.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Same as the others, I prefer the offset loop designs for IWB holsters. I currently have a COM 3 on order with Eric (HBE Leatherworks) for my J-frame and a MaxCon V on order with Gary (Brommeland Gunleather) for my Mil-Spec. I've also had a Milt Sparks Watch Six in the past, also fine quality with similarly offset loops.

That particular design concept helps to disperse the pressure of the weapon over a larger area so it's less like pressing a 2x4 into your midsection (works sort of like a snowshoe). I simply CAN'T wear holsters that have the loops directly on top of the holster, much as I've tried. Hard to go wrong with any of the folks mentioned in this thread, start browsing their websites and when you see something you like just call or email them - they're all good folks.
Jack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depends on what I'm wearing. IWB seems to hide the best IF you have pants with enough room in them. I've gained weight since the academy but my favorite IWB at the time was the Galco Royal Guard. South Beach might get me back there again, we'll see.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I carry a full size 1911 every single day in a Milt Sparks Watch Six on a beltman gun belt (www.beltman.net). It is very comfortable and a very nice holster. However, if I were to buy another one (unlikely because this one will probably last forever) - it would definitely be a Max Con V from brommeland gunleather. A friend of mine has one and I do not believe there is a better IWB holster out there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just ordered a Crossbreed Super Tuck, black leather on body side and Kydex that the gun slides into. It's the adjustable model with clips, an optional leather snap set, and mag pouch. All for just over $80.00, shipping included. Check them out at: www.crossbreedholsters.com.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts