1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Shooting at an Air Force helicopter that is flying routine training missions is one thing, shooting at one that is on patrol is totally another thing.

I do not think these "insurgents" know the difference but if they push the issue, they will quickly find out.

And, sadly, this may be what their handlers want, a show of force from our military that results in some of their "peaceful protesters" being put down by an airstrike.

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Arm up the Hueys. M134 minigun, Mk 40 rockets, M60 machine gun in the door. They take fire, they return fire. The F-heads will rue the day.

FWIW, I have seen this kind of thing during more peaceful times. When I was in an A-6 squadron flying out of NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, we would do Field Carrier Landing Practice (FCLP) at an field called Fentress Naval Auxiliary Field in a rural part of Chesapeake, VA.

The area had started to become suburbanized and the Navy got continual noise complaints from the new residents and the existing landowners who were trying to sell property. We had a couple of planes shot at. IIRC, a local farmer got arrested and convicted for hitting an A-6 with buckshot.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
As a former helicopter gunner on both UH-1N's and later MH-53H Pave Lows that would not have not have gone over well back when I was flying, especially a helicopter gunship vs. an unarmed slick. (2) 7.62 GE Mini-guns and a .50 Ma Deuce would eliminate that problem in short order!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Arm up the Hueys. M134 minigun, Mk 40 rockets, M60 machine gun in the door. They take fire, they return fire. The F-heads will rue the day.

FWIW, I have seen this kind of thing during more peaceful times. When I was in an A-6 squadron flying out of NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, we would do Field Carrier Landing Practice (FCLP) at an field called Fentress Naval Auxiliary Field in a rural part of Chesapeake, VA.

The area had started to become suburbanized and the Navy got continual noise complaints from the new residents and the existing landowners who were trying to sell property. We had a couple of planes shot at. IIRC, a local farmer got arrested and convicted for hitting an A-6 with buckshot.
Always cracks me up when people buy houses close to airports, military bases, racetracks, gun ranges because the property is cheaper because of the noise issues. Then pretend they didn't know about it when they live there. I always liked the A-6 cause it seemed particularly loud. There's a river here that I go to on sundays cause at a certain time frame an A-6 would make a low and slow on the deck pass following the river. The pilot would be close enough to wave at them and see them wave back.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I usually err on the side of over reacting so I'll hope for the best this time. As unlikely as it might seem, maybe it was unintentional.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Sadly if the helo was armed and carrying ammo in the US it would probably take hours before they could get ROA approval to return fire within our own boarders.
Unfortunately, many people with stars on their hats would shy away from such an event. Much easier to run away than to justify a response.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We the People might ought to get a little more aroused than I see from good citizens.

Folks have become lazy and forget what Liberty is all about. And it is well worth fighting and dying for... for our progeny!.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
Happened in Virginia.
Never seen this before on American soil.
Things are getting very bad.

Good way to get lit up. During Katrina some of our guys was riding in a Blackhawk recently returned from the sandbox. They took fire from a rooftop and sanitized it.......

·
Premium Member
34,124 Posts
The Air Force is flying Hueys?

Maybe got too close to a cartel grow operation.

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Always cracks me up when people buy houses close to airports, military bases, racetracks, gun ranges because the property is cheaper because of the noise issues. Then pretend they didn't know about it when they live there. I always liked the A-6 cause it seemed particularly loud. There's a river here that I go to on sundays cause at a certain time frame an A-6 would make a low and slow on the deck pass following the river. The pilot would be close enough to wave at them and see them wave back.
We jokingly called that flying IFR, "I Follow Roads/I Follow Rivers"

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
The Air Force is flying Hueys?

Maybe got too close to a cartel grow operation.
For DV airlift in the NCR. I’ve been on a few flights getting ferried from the Pentagon for COOP exercises.
I suspect the shooter thought it was a police helo, and with the anti-cop fever encouraging the mob more of this may happen around the country.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
For DV airlift in the NCR. I’ve been on a few flights getting ferried from the Pentagon for COOP exercises.
I suspect the shooter thought it was a police helo, and with the anti-cop fever encouraging the mob more of this may happen around the country.
Also still have them for security at the missile fields out west. Contract recently let for some new, improved birds.

Back to fun

1 - 20 of 32 Posts