Defensive Carry banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
I can still remember seeing the tops of palm trees flying across the little tributary river we were on. I guess someone took a few shots at a huey and shortly, a few gun ships came back to pay them a visit. I remember all the rocket pods firing along with some mini guns. They all cut loose right over the top of me and I still remember wondering if I was about to get showered with empty brass. These fools have no idea.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
So now they are trying to shoot down military helicopters

Who is "THEY".

this sounds like someone, most likely an individual who is a couple of beers short of a sixpack, who took a pot shot at a chopper with his deer rifle.

Hopefully, the forensics will define the caliber and possibly the firearm design. And the investigation will reveal a grid where the shot came from.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
The Air Force is flying Hueys?

Maybe got too close to a cartel grow operation.
Those were twin engine N-model Hueys, the Army never had any of the N-Models. Air Force had them for Combat Rescue and Special Ops. Navy had some that they used for mine sweeping duty and the Marines had a some slick models. The ones we had in the 20th SOS and in Det 1 had 2.75 rocket pods and GE-Mini guns in each door.

·
Super Moderator
19,373 Posts
Those were twin engine N-model Hueys, the Army never had any of the N-Models. Air Force had them for Combat Rescue and Special Ops. Navy had some that they used for mine sweeping duty and the Marines had a some slick models. The ones we had in the 20th SOS and in Det 1 had 2.75 rocket pods and GE-Mini guns in each door.
Un-American, loading an iconic American chopper with Canadian engines! <<<< Spoken with tongue in cheek, former Lycoming guy here, well-versed in the T53 Huey powerplant.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Insurgents?

Meth lab operators?

Cartel grass growers?

Some mouthbreather taking a pot shot for kicks?

Hope the FBI runs this to ground and prosecutes to the max.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Apparently this took place in the Middleburg area which is a very wealthy enclave in Virginia (I'd hardly call it Northern Virginia in the strictest sense of the label). That's about 20 miles from where I live, as the crow flies.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
We had a similar situation like that in the 60's and 70's. My closest city had a helicopter training base that was training hundreds of South Vietnam pilots to fly, and they became a dangerous nuisance. They would fly over the many large ranches, tree top level, and chase cattle, horses and deer. The ranchers did all they could to have the Army reign in the pilots, but the Army did nothing. A few well placed rifle shots, and one good one that disabled the A/C put a stop to that little game very quickly. Nothing was done about the ranchers doing what the Army couldn't.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Maybe it was an ND from a nearby gun range. Who knows? If someone did intentionally fire at the Huey then I hope they brag about it on Twit and get caught.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts