Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I stand with Rand..He knows better than I what to do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldn't put it past him at all but there are a couple of things that would stop him from it.

1) Threat of impeachment
2) It wasn't just Republicans that voted no. His own party can't pass it in the Senate.
3) With as many states that have passed laws to nullify any federal laws passed on gun control, his actions would prove futile. Many have said that states can't constitutionally nullify any federal law and that is true, this does not apply to executive orders as these are NOT federal law.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Its outside the legal scope of anything he can mandate via executive order, at least according to the research I have done in the past. But I'm not a lawyer.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
One more thing. I'd like to know where he got the 90% number.....:rofl:
Democrat rally in CA no doubt.

His rhetoric has made millions of freedom-loving Americans arm themselves to the teeth. If he has an ounce of sense, I'm sure he can imagine what executive orders to disarm the people would result in.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
To me he seems to forget that he is the President of the UNITED STATES and NOT the King of America.....

Kudos to Rand Paul.
Sorry Bro...I think he does consider himself to be king of America and as such free to do as he pleases.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My guess is the same place he gets all his other BS facts. Out of thin air to push his agenda.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I don't think he'll try any executive orders. I think he'll probably spend most of his time focusing on how to get back at all of us by destroying America through weakening the economy and collapsing the American middle class. Whoops! He already did that... On second thought, maybe he will try some executive orders!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Democrat rally in CA no doubt.

His rhetoric has made millions of freedom-loving Americans arm themselves to the teeth. If he has an ounce of sense, I'm sure he can imagine what executive orders to disarm the people would result in.

Lol yep everyone I know has bought more since they started this even some who never owned a gun is buying

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Normally I would say an Executive Order violating the Constitution won't hold up in court. Unfortunately, he's stacked the deck with 2 more anti-gun liberals. This last go around only won by one vote.

Now, here is something that is going down as we speak. It is a work-around of the Posse Comitatus Act - a way to get around it in the event of civil unrest.

This was posted in the Federal Register late last Friday:

Federal Register, Volume 78 Issue 71 (Friday, April 12, 2013)

Civil unrest is a very broad term. Who is to say what is civil unrest? Could a tea party protest be considered civil unrest? Or, how about the protests regarding his obamacare? I'm sure the leftists wouldn't hesitate to call that civil unrest. Afterall, we already have Pelosi and the Southern Poverty Law Center calling the Tea Party a bunch of terrorists.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lots of polls have come up with similar numbers... Quinnipaic University, Marist, CBS News, ABC/Washington Post, Pew, even Fox News. The issue is how the question was worded. Not one asked anything like "Do you support expanding background checks beyond what is currently required" Most just asked "Do you support background checks for all gun buyers".

Do 9 of 10 Americans Really Support Gun Buyer Background Checks? Pretty Muc

I personally think there is very little support for background checks on private sales, but there probably is support for gun-show background checks. Probably on the mistaken belief that private sales without background checks often occur there.

Of course this whole thing is a red herring and would have done absolutely nothing to prevent ANY of the shootings that have occurred recently.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts