Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Please reconsider SOB. If you get slammed on the ground or up against a wall you could do some serious damage.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Gotta agree, plus SOB is difficult to wear sitting down, and easy to print bending over.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I have to agree that SOB holsters are very dangerous to wear.

But hey, it's your spine and your future possibly in a wheelchair. So good luck with it.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
kittensrtasty said:
well i ordered a G&G SOB holster and a blackhawk serpa
Hope they both work for ya. I have a SERPA in pebble for my 1911. It seems to work really well.
Another word of advice, some knowledgable folks in the gun world didn't like the SERPA. Apparently a few LE officers had AD's drawing during high stress situations. Accidently pressing hard on the release and then the trigger. These were with Glock pistols specifically.
We had a thread with a link to this issue, might be worth reading if you are gonna use a Glock or similar non manual safety gun and a SERPA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
acparmed said:
I have to agree that SOB holsters are very dangerous to wear.

But hey, it's your spine and your future possibly in a wheelchair. So good luck with it.
i will keep it in mind thanks, you can also move it to the strong side and if i get into a strugle that the blade i carry may be used due to the easier access...

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
SOB is a seriously bad practice. I would HIGHLY recommend that you reconsider your decision. If you need the firearm while seated (ie a carjacking) you're just gonna die with a gun stuck in your butt crack. As previously stated, if you fall or get body slammed, you're running a high probability of losing a kidney, or sustaining a serious spinal injury. Further, in a close quarters situation, all a BG has to do is rush you and pin you to a wall, and you'll be unable to draw your gun. Again, you'll die with a gun stuck in your butt.
A strong side has it all over an SOB in every catagory - speed, safety, retention, concealment, comfort, etc.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Lotsd of good advice from people here. Wish I would have known about this site before the box o' holsters I have.:biggrin2:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Kit:
As someone who already HAS spinal damage, I'm glad you've reconsidered your holster choices. I wouldn't wish this kind of life on anyone, I'm sure many others here would agree. That IWB you've got coming is a nice holster and it should serve you well for a long time to come.
Jack

BTW kittensrtasty, Elf Kitty says you're gettin' a stocking full of poop for Christmas! :rofl:

·
Registered
770 Posts
All great advice......I get alot of inquiries about SOB carry. 4.30 carry has alot more benefits and none of the drawbacks
Gary, keep up the good work..............Shoot well.

P

·
0 Posts
I just ordered a Crossbreed SOB for my XD45 and whats nice about it is you can move it to sit over my right butt cheek. Much "so called" safer than over the spine.

What I like best about an SOB holster is if I am being asked for my wallet, I have an option to pull the gun without being seen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts