Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never thought I'd do this but what I found and other considerations had led me to this.

First of all, the USP is an excellent pistol no doubt about it but the used gun market is full of them and nobody's buying or not enough buyers.

Second, it's a 9mm and I'm used to more powerful calibers like the 40sw and 10mm and I don't care for 9mm anymore.

Remembering that I was trying to sell my Sig P250c 40sw and got a lot of flakes that I pulled the ad, I took the USP to my local pawn shop with a price in mind and if they don't meet it it's coming back home with me.

They met the price and it's sold, then I got my Sig P250c out of hock. I got a very good chunk of change left. I hocked the P250c couple of weeks ago because my room AC quit working.

I feel a lot better about this whole thing. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Glad you got your Sig back and your A/C is working.

I don't know where you're at, but man has it been hot. We've had temps over 100 and no rain for 3 weeks.

I don't know how we did it back in the day with no A/C.

Reactions: Wasp

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in San Antonio Texas and crazy weather. It's been hot and humid past couple of weeks then finally cleared and cooled off since yesterday. Today it rained and now it's back to being hot and humid.

It's been 90+ here.

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
Same here in the N. Alabama area. Today's temp hit 95 and it's been humid as hell. But we did just get a good rain storm so it be hotter with more humidity tomorrow.

Glad you got you gun.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm glad your AC is back to working. I'm glad that you have the pistol that you want by your side. I probably would have given you a better price than the pawn shop, but I'm a sucker for H&K's.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've no doubt we could have worked out a deal but putting up an ad had soured me. I asked that they have a valid driver's license and then I got silence. Every one of them.

Then I tried to sell off my musical stuff I have collecting dust in my closet (I quit playing guitar years ago) and people are just cheap. They want 'em for nothing. I traded one guitar for that USP and later sold another guitar and amp and bought my G29 with the money. What I had left was pedals, books and parts.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm not a fan of people selling there guns, but when your AC is on the line I totally understand. Glad everything worked out and you got a Sig out of the deal.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I'm in San Antonio Texas and crazy weather. It's been hot and humid past couple of weeks then finally cleared and cooled off since yesterday. Today it rained and now it's back to being hot and humid.

It's been 90+ here.
35 years ago this month I was at Lackland AFB. It was not heaven then and I'm sure it's not any better today.

Sorry to hear about your USP9.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've no doubt we could have worked out a deal but putting up an ad had soured me. I asked that they have a valid driver's license and then I got silence. Every one of them.

Then I tried to sell off my musical stuff I have collecting dust in my closet (I quit playing guitar years ago) and people are just cheap. They want 'em for nothing. I traded one guitar for that USP and later sold another guitar and amp and bought my G29 with the money. What I had left was pedals, books and parts.
Tru dat. Selling anything used is a battle of the first degree. Every low-balling mouth-breathing lackwit comes out of the woodwork and offers you three cents on the dollar for your item.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Post in appropriate forum please. Moved thread .

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Eggo the USP is a great gun and my first HK was a USP 9mm. Unfortunately I couldn't hit squat with it and Yes I blame the gun.:smile: I think the USP is a much better gun in .45 and if I were to get another one it would be a .45.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks rocky, I couldn't decide where to put it.

Wasp, I was deadly with the USP 9mm. It's a very accurate pistol.

image sharing

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
35 years ago this month I was at Lackland AFB. It was not heaven then and I'm sure it's not any better today.

Sorry to hear about your USP9.
LOL. BTDT, and it was 100 degrees and 98% humidity in early December, that year. More than 35 years ago... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have two HK USP Compacts a .40s&w and .45acp both are quality handguns and shoot great and goth are hammer fired handguns. I also bought the new HK VP9 9mm and it's also a quality handgun and shoot great it's a striker fired handgun.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Thanks rocky, I couldn't decide where to put it.

Wasp, I was deadly with the USP 9mm. It's a very accurate pistol.

image sharing
When I said I blame the gun I was being sarcastic, I was pretty new to centerfire pistols back then and I'm sure my technique was lacking. Good shooting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts