Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, a mentally challenged soldier was killed after breaking into an apartment, in Ga.

SOLDIER KILLED

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I didn't see anything in the article that indicated he was mentally challenged. Maybe I missed it.

In any event it sounds like a tragic situation.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see anything in the article that indicated he was mentally challenged. Maybe I missed it.

In any event it sounds like a tragic situation.
He walked in the room with a woman holding a gun at his chest, telling him not to.

He was challenged or stupid.

Actually, I am kind of wondering if it was suicide.

Reactions: The Old Anglo

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Sorry to hear about one of our military in this situation.

·
Super Moderator
18,034 Posts
A dang shame it happened for whatever reason. Would be curious to see what a toxicology test shows.
That I too would like to see before making a judgement.

Reactions: OD*

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
So many of our military have struggled since coming home. Physically and mentally. :frown:

Edit: maybe not the case here. Article doesnt say he was ever deployed.

·
Banned
894 Posts
The Libtard Media will spin this for all it's worth, and the truth will probably never be known.
How can it be spun. A woman was attacked and defended herself. That is an acceptable ideal for liberals.

Reactions: 9MMare and Phaedrus

·
Super Moderator
18,034 Posts
How can it be spun. A woman was attacked and defended herself. That is an acceptable ideal for liberals.
Ahh, but she used a gun. That is totally unacceptable to them.

Reactions: OD* and jttar

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sadly some bad apples do make it into the military and always will. They usually get culled out one way or the other at some point. Same thing with Police Departments.

Sounds like this one chose the 'other'.

Reactions: Goldy49

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
She wasn't supposed to shoot him, she was supposed to pee on his leg and he would have left.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
He walked in the room with a woman holding a gun at his chest, telling him not to.

He was challenged or stupid.

Actually, I am kind of wondering if it was suicide.
So you were just assuming from his actions he was mentally challenged? I misunderstood what you were implying.

Mentally challenged, in these politically correct times, is interpreted (at least by me) as what used to be called mentally retarded. If that were the case I don't think he would have been qualified for the military.

That was the basis of my question.

·
Super Moderator
22,274 Posts
If that were the case I don't think he would have been qualified for the military.
They slip by, probably more than we know. One example was Dean A. Mellberg, mass shooter/killer at Fairchild Air Force Base hospital, they knew he was mental and was told so by at least three different psychologists/psychiatrists, but they put off discharging him until it was too late.
Pick up a copy of Warnings Unheeded: Twin Tragedies at Fairchild Air Force Base, well worth the time and effort.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
They slip by, probably more than we know. One example was Dean A. Mellberg, mass shooter/killer at Fairchild Air Force Base hospital, they knew he was mental and was told so by at least three different psychologists/psychiatrists, but they put off discharging him until it was too late.
Pick up a copy of Warnings Unheeded: Twin Tragedies at Fairchild Air Force Base, well worth the time and effort.
Mentally ill or mentally challenged? There is a big difference.

There are mentally ill people in almost any profession.

Take politicians for example!! Actually, they might qualify under both of the aforementioned categories.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
The title is deceptive. Should be; Burglar was shot and killed by victim, he just happened to be in the military. Many gangs send their boys in for military training.

·
Super Moderator
22,274 Posts
Mentally ill or mentally challenged? There is a big difference.

There are mentally ill people in almost any profession.

Take politicians for example!! Actually, they might qualify under both of the aforementioned categories.
ADS: Autism spectrum disorder.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Our schools of "higher learning" are teaching future Psychologists to use antipsychotic drugs so that the mentally challenged members of society can cope with the everyday task of living?

Antipsychotic Drug Warnings:

There have been 94 warnings from nine countries (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Denmark, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa) warning that antipsychotic drugs cause harmful side effects. These include the following (note that some warnings cite more than one side effect, so the list below may not be equal to the total number of warnings):

22 warnings on antipsychotics causing heart problems

19 warnings on antipsychotics causing death

13 warnings on antipsychotics causing involuntary movements or movement disorders

9 warnings on antipsychotics causing strokes

8 warnings on antipsychotics causing withdrawal symptoms (including infant withdrawal symptoms)

7 warnings on antipsychotics causing weight gain

6 warnings on antipsychotics causing convulsions, seizures or tremors

6 warnings on antipsychotics causing diabetes

5 warnings on antipsychotics causing sexual dysfunction

2 warnings on antipsychotics causing birth defects or complications

2 warnings on antipsychotics causing agitation

1 warning on antipsychotics causing mania

Antipsychotic Drug Studies:

27 studies on antipsychotics causing diabetes or other metabolic problems

26 studies on antipsychotics causing heart problems

23 studies on antipsychotics causing weight gain or obesity

22 studies on antipsychotics causing death

8 studies on antipsychotics causing stroke

8 studies on antipsychotics causing involuntary movements

5 studies on antipsychotics causing brain shrinkage and/or structural changes

4 studies on antipsychotics causing cognitive decline or impairment

3 studies on antipsychotics causing Parkinson’s Disease

3 studies on antipsychotics having lack of efficacy

3 studies on antipsychotics causing lowered bone mass

3 studies on antipsychotics causing sexual dysfunction

2 studies on antipsychotics causing birth defects

1 study on antipsychotics causing violence and homicidal idea

1 study on antipsychotics causing psychosis

1 study on antipsychotics causing tumors

1 study on antipsychotics causing coma

https://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-drugs/antipsychoticsideeffects/

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
Not totally, not even close. That generalization is uninformed.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The title is deceptive. Should be; Burglar was shot and killed by victim, he just happened to be in the military. Many gangs send their boys in for military training.
I agree...that was my immediate thought when I first saw it.

I think that one reason that "Soldier" was used is that Ft. Benning, is in Columbus, Ga...it is a very proud military town.

Reactions: Bad Bob
1 - 20 of 27 Posts