Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About six weeks ago, I got out to sight in an old Leupold VX-I mounted on a new to me Savage 93 in 22WMR. After a box of ammo, I finally thru in the towel. Could not get any reaction to changes in windage or elevation.

Contacted Leupold and sent it in to be checked. Got it back today. Both windage and elevation adjustment assemblies had been replaced as well as a complete cleaning inside and out and recharging of the tube.

Mind you, this scope came off a Ruger 44 Carbine and had been on the AR for a number of years.
They didn't care. Their "LIFETIME" warranty covers the scope from cradle to grave and then they'll resurrect it to go again. ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE they even covered the return shipping.

Looking forward to getting it remounted and back to the range.

Again, kudos to Leupold.

·
Super Moderator
18,555 Posts
Yea!

Great to hear.

Good on ya' airslot to give them a good word.

I like Leupold and enjoy several of their scopes.

·
Registered
9,452 Posts
Airslot, that's impressive! Glad they took care of you.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
That's great service, from a reputable company. Looks like they're going to keep that reputation.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Years ago I sent in a used Leupold scope that looked like new but had problems with adjustments. They returned it in a nice box with a felt bag and some other things. They fixed whatever was broken, found something else minor and fixed it, and promptly returned it to me. Amazing customer care.

This is unrelated, but another story about two great companies - Ruger and TruGlo.

Just recently I purchased TruGlo night sights for my Ruger SR 1911. They recommended using a sight press. I've installed dovetail sights in the past on a 1911 slide using a special punch and a vise, but I decided to buy a new press to do this. The press was unable to remove the front sight.

I called Ruger to see if they used Loctite or anything that would require heat. They told me 'no' and then suggested that I send the slide to them to remove the front sight. That way if anything broke or was damaged they would repair or replace the slide. I was very impressed by this.

When I tried installing the front sight with the new press I ended-up damaging it. I contacted TruGlo, described what happened and how it was my fault, and asked if they would sell a replacement front sight so that I would not need to buy a complete set. To my surprise, they thanked me for my purchase and suggested that I send my slide and sights to them. They are not only replacing the front sight under warranty but installing for me as well - saving an easy $50-$100 from a gunsmith. Way to go way above and beyond my expectations.

You gotta love those companies that have great products and customer service that exceeds your expectations. This was a mess of my own doing and both TruGlo and Ruger focused on getting my pistol up and running and keeping me happy.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got to add another one to the list of good companies. Lee Precision

I twisted the lock nut off on a 30/30 sizing die last night. Called Lee this morning and a replacement is on the way. No questions, no charge.
You just gotta love good CS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts