Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*THIS guy ought to run for Governor. Even if he's a Democ*RAT* ~GULP~ Hate to say it, but somebody THIS outspoken so as to go on the record on OFFICE LETTERHEAD deserves my support. :banana: :yup: Hope he's a 'Pubbie. Some of the guys he cc'd are some of the most virulent antigun anti-freedom idiots in this state. They must be foaming at the mouth! :image035: Read on:

OFFICE OF THE STATE ATTORNEY

March 20, 2006

Representative David Simmons, Chair
Judiciary Committee
1301 Capitol
402 So. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399

Dear Rep. Simmons:

Please share with the Judiciary Committee my support for HB 129.

In my more than 38 years experience in the Criminal Justice System, 18 as a prosecutor, lawfully armed citizens are rarely the problem in stranger on stranger encounters. To the contrary, armed citizens are able to protect themselves from becoming crime victims.

I personally know of three situations where women have prevented attacks upon themselves because they were lawfully carrying their pistols in their automobiles.

The first involved my daughter, who was assaulted in a supermarket parking lot late at night in Orlando. She was entering her car when accosted by a stranger whom she repelled with her pistol.

The next situation involved the wife of a close friend who was working as a nurse on the night shift. While returning home from work she stopped at a traffic light and a stranger jumped into her vehicle from the passenger side. She pulled her pistol and he promptly jumped back out.

The third case involves a current staff member of a Florida State Senator. She was returning home on a Friday night on a lonely highway. Two men in a pick-up truck followed her, pulled in front of her and tried to force her off the highway. She pulled out her pistol and displayed it to her assailants through a window; they promptly broke off their attack and fled.

All three of these women would undoubtedly have been raped and robbed, and possibly murdered had they not been carrying their pistols.

This is a public safety issue of the highest priority. Good citizens who are lawfully armed must be allowed to protect themselves. Women, especially going to and returning from work, often during the evening hours, are targets of opportunity for some of the most vicious and violent criminals who prowl our highways and roads, hunting for victims.

I do not know the FPAA position on this Bill, but as the State Attorney of the Seventh Judicial Circuit, I steadfastly support it. Because I am presently preparing for a six victim capital murder trial; I will not be present to personally speak in support of this bill. Please publish this letter and make it part of the record.

Respectfully,

JOHN TANNER
State Attorney

JT:cf
cc: Rep. J. C. Planas (Vice-Chair):)aargh4: ), Rep. Kevin Ambler, Rep. Dennis Baxley, Rep. Fred Brummer, Rep. Anitere Flores, Rep. Michael Grant, Rep. Jeff Kottkamp, Rep. Sheri McInvale, Rep. Joe Pickens, Rep. Joe Pickens, Rep. Dennis Ross, Rep. Dan Gelber:)buttkick: ), Rep. Curtis Richardson, Rep. Jack Seiler

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Wow!! Just Wow!!

Get this guy cloned, now - many times over!! :smilez:

Outstanding! :35:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
:hand10:

Yea that dude deserves a shot for sure!

Ti.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
You wait and watch. This guy is going to just disappear from the radar screen. :mad:

I'd also love to see him go far, but let's be real. It just ain't goin' to happen. :frown:

Maybe I'm just becoming to much of a pessimist in my old age. :tired:

·
Super Moderator
25,622 Posts
WOnder if he'd like to be Governor......... OF MARYLAND! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah,

WOW.

Gets my vote.

And all three accounts were ended with just a display, Those don't show up in the statistics, but they do happen. Despite what the anti's say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts