Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, locally there's some good news and bad news about 9mm ammo. The good news is that there's a local hardware store that has a really unbelievable amount of ammo on hand, 9mm, 40 S&W, etc. Bad news is it's running $20/50. Still, the local Scheel's store is getting $25/50 for PMC. Obviously forty cents per round is a lousy price for ball 9mm, but even so I picked up a few boxes to bolster my stash. I like to be able to at least shoot 100-200 rounds of centerfire ammo per range trip and maybe a couple hundred rounds of .22 LR ammo. With the nuttiness going around I've cut back my shooting from once per week to once every other or even every third week. The local Scheel's always has a ton of WWB .45 ACP, but obviously it's kind of expensive to shoot factory .45 ammo all the time. Still it lets me bust some caps regularly.

Next week I think I'll try get my reloading bench set up again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Reloading is a great idea, except, bullets from many places are out 12 to 16 weeks... primers and powder are also hard to come by

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
Will be easier to get 9MM and 22LR than to get components for reloading.

·
Banned
97 Posts
$20 for 50 is bad? :blink:
Before all this happened that was average price around here. Now you can't get any. The only ammo I've seen around is American Eagle .40 S&W for $35 a box and 10mm for the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts