Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been legally carrying for over 18 years, and typically use Kydex IWB holster: Comtac, Bladetech, FIST, etc.....

Having heard so much about the hybrids I bought a White Hat IWB holster with Kydex units for Glock 19/23 as well as my Glock 21 Gen4.

I'd appreciate some insight into what y'all have found to be the best way to put it on.....

I've been experimenting, and would like to hear from some folks who've been using them for a while.....zip up and buckle up and then shove the unit between body and pants?? Attach clips and then zip up, buckle up?

May be a dumb questions.....but I'd prefer not to reinvent the wheel....

Many thanks,

George

·
Registered
37 Posts
I slide mine on just before I button my pants and belt. 3 o'clock fits nice but doesn't conceal as well IMO, I side around to the 4 o'clock position for the best concealment and comfort.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I slide mine on before putting on pants (I've learned where the buckles go on most of my jeans) then put them on and make adjustments accordingly.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have a Comp-tac minotaur for my XDS and I put the holster on my pants/shorts before I pull them on. I find it much easier doing it this way than trying to do it with the pants/shorts already on.

Obviously I don't holster the XDS until AFTER I've put everything on and tightened my belt.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I have a galco king-tuk. And I put it into position before buttoning up and buckling my belt. I carry between 3 and 4 o clock positions.

·
Registered
470 Posts
between 3 and 530 is the general consensus. I wear mine at 2. Unorthodox, but I find appendix carry more comfortable for my body type.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I also put mine in there right before I button up. 3 to 4 o'clock works best for me, depending on where the beltloops interfere on my various jeans. I'm a fat guy so putting it in after buttoning up is not an option :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put mine on before I put on my pants. You will learn quickly just where you will want to position it plus you can still move it around a bit to find the right spot.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I slide mine on just before I button my pants and belt. 3 o'clock fits nice but doesn't conceal as well IMO, I side around to the 4 o'clock position for the best concealment and comfort.
That's about what I do too. Was carrying at 4 but have been moving to 3 lately. Finding its more comfortable and still conceals well for me.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If the pants are loose enough I will put my CBST on with the belt loose and pants buttoned. The pants are sturdy enough to hold the gun up until you tighten down the belt. When I was first doing it I tried while unzipped too, but the whole holster kept flopping over. The video shows it pretty well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Putting on a hybrid holster and tucking a shirt in around it can be quite process... especially with a standard size gun with 15 rounds in it. I've had to add about 3-5 minutes to my morning routine to compensate.

Here's how I do it:
1. Put on and undershirt
2. Put pants on with belt in belt loops and only zip the zipper up half way
3. Tuck in undershirt
4. Put on dress shirt untucked
4. Put holster in place with pants undone and zipped up only halfway
5. Put gun in the holster
6. Here is the tricky part, with your pants undone and the gun in the holster, the weight of the gun is wanting your pants to hit the floor. So I usually put my backside up to the bathroom counter and let the gun/holster rest on the counter.
7. tuck in dress shirt around gun while the gun/holster is being rested on the counter
8. button up pants and fasten belt.

Here is the finished product with a Galco King Tuck with a Glock 22 in it. I wear this everyday to work and is very comfortable. Luckily I work at a small office with a private bathroom cause having to go through this process when you have to take a dump is a PITA.
IMG_20130320_134620_585.jpg

I can do it without the counter but you have to have a really wide stance and keep a hand on the gun/holster while tucking in so your pants don't hit the floor with the gun in the holster.

·
Registered
412 Posts
[QUOTEbut you have to have a really wide stance][/QUOTE]

So THAT'S what Larry Craig was doing in the airport?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Undershirt, pants, and belt on. Belt loose and pants unbuttoned.
Attach holster at 3:30.
Button pants, tighten belt.
Attach perry work suspenders (attaches to the belt) starting with rear plastic clip that centers on the rear pant loop. Then attach the other 2 behind the 2 front pant loops. This is key ;)
-Insert gun.
-Overshirt.

Yep, that's my daily routine.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
I carry a G20 Fullsize in a IWB hybrid holster. It usually depends on what pants I wear that day as to when to attach the holster. I wear at 330 or 400.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts