Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pistol Shooting Stances: Video Series | eHow Videos

I've been shooting for a pretty long time but never really payed much attention to grip or stance. Since I have started carrying I have become more interested in the finer points of pistol shooting. I found these videos just googleing "pistol shooting stances" but since I have never had any formal training I'm wondering what this guy is saying is correct?

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Nice find! And free too! Good of you to post this new find.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
That's cool! :hand10:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried using the grip the guy is using in the video but there is no way I see it working with a sub compact pistol. I basically modified it for a smaller gun. Using the "modified thumbs forward" approach does seem to make my pistol point a lot more naturally. I wish there were more vidoes like this floating around!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
stance, shooting

I feel you and others would gain so much great knowledge by taking formal training in shooting and gun handling.
I am a life member at Front Sight and have found that the training there is really well worth the cost of flying to Nevada and paying for the training.
Over the years I have had different types of training from NRA basic classes to the Police Academy. Front Sight is way over the top better than all of the classes I have taken before.
Does this help at all?:king:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts