·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Title: Some L.E. Officials Not Sold on Gun Buybacks
Hat Tip to: Officer.com
Source: The Bakersfield Californian
Created: March 11, 2013

Pic for a laugh - used anti-tank rocket canister (worthless except for filling it with rocks and having some poor PFC carry it on top of his ruck on a hump = not operational)......... LOL = LA Police Chief maked a big deal out of nothing! Idiot.

lagunbuybackrecord_10846918.jpg

While gun buybacks have gained traction in some communities across the nation following the Connecticut elementary school massacre, several local law enforcement agencies say there are no plans for similar events in Kern County.

Ray Pruitt of the Kern County Sheriff's Office and Michaela Beard of the Bakersfield Police Department both said they don't believe their respective agencies have ever held a gun buyback. Beard said people occasionally turn in guns, but it's not a common occurrence.

......."What are we accomplishing, really?" Youngblood said. "The guns that are bought back are not guns that are used in criminal offenses."

Gun buybacks don't lower the crime rate or stop shootings, Youngblood said. He said he believes such programs are giving away taxpayer dollars to buy guns that are in the hands of law-abiding people.

"I'm not for gun control, I'm not for taking guns away from lawful citizens," he said.

My Comments: I don't know him (the Kern County Sheriff) personally, but have some 'brothers' who do and respect him. Read the rest. Rememeber, this is in CA of all places.

Some Law Enforcement Officials Not Sold on Gun Buybacks - Officer.com

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like a man that knows what's up! I think that gun buy back programs are mainly publicity stunts, if they really wanted illegal weapons off the street they would go after the local arms dealer selling handguns out of the back of his van to anyone with the cash, not the local suburban dad trying to make a quick buck off of his dead uncles guns.

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
I am embarrassed at the growing numbers of fools in this country that wear badges.

Most of the ones(LEO's) that I hang out with are very pro-gun.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
......."What are we accomplishing, really?" Youngblood said. "The guns that are bought back are not guns that are used in criminal offenses."
Yup. :yup:

Criminals aren't going to be turning in the tools of their trade. Such things need to be forcibly taken, when they're taken down. One would think this is common sense, but sense ain't as common as it once was. (Someone ought to tell the "progressives." They failed to read the memo, apparently.)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm from Bakersfield (the seat of Kern County). It's about as far from the traditional view of California as you can get. It's conservative. Really conservative. One piece of research had it ranked as one of the ten most conservative counties in the United States. Concealed carry permits are almost shall issue there.

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
"The guns that are bought back are not guns that are used in criminal offenses."

And that says it all.

Reactions: ANGLICO and 65108

·
Registered
606 Posts
Conservatives in Kalifornia??? NOW I've seen EVERYTHING! Next you're gonna tell me there's no such thing as Bigfoot! :blink:

·
Banned
2,648 Posts
Boy, I would hate to see the buy backs end, where else can you get a $100 gift card for a Rohm, Jimenez, Bryco or a Jennings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts