Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to come across a Dr.s office that does not have a gunbuster out front. It has always bothered me a bit but what can you do, you need medical attention. A couple days ago I went to the Dr. and got prescribed Cipro. I have never had an adverse reaction to any drug I have ever taken but this one I experienced many of the side effects. Anxiousness, paranoia, stiff joints, dizziness, the list goes on. I would in no way carry while under the influence of that stuff cause I did not feel my self. It made me think about how many people may be prescribed this stuff and not thinking about how it is actually affecting them. Even more so in a Dr.s office where sick people congregate. I guess I also just wanted to give a heads up if you get prescribed Cipro to be aware of its side effects.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Someone could leave their firearm in the car, go see the doc and have some bad reaction, get to their car, grab the firearm and go back in. Seems like all the more reason to carry if you're just going in for a check up. If you know you are going to be given something that could impare your judgment then the responsible thing to do is not bring the gun. Just the same as if you were planning on partying and getting drunk.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Granted, I live in Utah, (one of the gun-friendliest states), but I have never seen a "gun-buster" sign at a doctor office. I've seen hospitals posted, but the signs hold no legality here.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
there is also a possibility that you may be asked to disrobe and be moved to another room...leaving a firearm unattended...

or the doctor might kill you by accident and thn he has to handle the gun situation...

·
Registered
687 Posts
My Doctor doesn't have a gun buster sign. Fox News is on the TVs in the waiting room, and Americas First Freedom is in the magazine rack. And his son is a cop.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have been going to my Doctor for the past eight years. The office just posted a gun buster a couple of months ago.

Doesn't really bother me because I always leave my gun in the car when I go in. I don't want the added weight of the gun and holster on my medical records! :smile:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I wonder what happens if you are legally carrying concealed and then need to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance? Who looks after your gun? I'm sure that it goes without saying but you cant get in trouble for bringing it into a properly posted hospital since you are of course unconcious..etc I hope.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I never carry when I visit one of my doctors. I consider too inconvenient to undress, either partially or completely, and have to bother with a gun.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went with my wife to a doctor in Oklahoma City this week, and there was no sign prohibiting carry there. Since I wasn't planning on disrobing, I carried as usual.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I carry. In the event that I have to disrobe I just do it. Usually the doc leaves the room while you're doing that anyway so no one is there when I "reveal" my EDC.

Anyone in the doc's office who has a problem with my weapon can just say so. If the doc has a problem HE can say so. If he tells me to not bing it inside then I'll find another doc AND tell him why (old doc has personal issues with his patients' lifestyle choices to the point that old doc refuses to provide patient care).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Heck, my experience is a little different. Growing up, there wasn't any anti-gun sign on the doctor's office door. In fact, I knew the doctor was carrying all of the time, anyway. By the way, the doctor was my dad!

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Someone could leave their firearm in the car, go see the doc and have some bad reaction, get to their car, grab the firearm and go back in
I can't think of a drug that would hit you that fast that wouldn't also render you incapable of getting to your car

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I've taken Cipro several times and have never had any side effects. To bad you had the side effects, they can cause some problems...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My Doctor doesn't have a gun buster sign. Fox News is on the TVs in the waiting room, and Americas First Freedom is in the magazine rack. And his son is a cop.
I wish I lived in Ohio too so I could go to your doctor. Sounds like a great guy :hand10:

I love supporting those who support what I believe in.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Luckily the doctor offices and hospitals around me don't have the gun buster signs. Only one med building has it , and it is the place where my wife gets her mamograhm done.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I can't think of a drug that would hit you that fast that wouldn't also render you incapable of getting to your car
Ever been to the Dentist?:rofl:

·
Registered
891 Posts
This topic has been discussed before here and there are some long threads with some good info and answers to many questions. One such question as the one posted about being rushed to ER what happens to your gun. Hospitals deal with this.

Back on direct topic. None my doctors have a sign (and in Florida...so what if they did). I often carry at the Dr.s office unless I am coming from work (federal property). Once I went for a surgical consult that ended up being a minor procedure. The Doc wanted to perform some "trigger point" injection in my groin and when he ask me to drop trow I informed him that when he came back my gun would be next to me on the counter. His only reply was are you a cop (which I replied no) and he'd let the nurse know so she didn't freak. She didn't, so good visit all round.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My Dr's. building has a "no guns" sign on the front door, but it is not 30.06.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went with my wife to a doctor in Oklahoma City this week, and there was no sign prohibiting carry there. Since I wasn't planning on disrobing, I carried as usual.
Man I like all the Dr.s I go to and all but every one I have been to have a gun buster out front. I would look for 2a friendly dr.s and all but I am paying them to keep me and my family healthy not for their political beliefs.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts