C - Cold Steel Tuff-Lite
D - some old crusty novelty knife
E - Spyderco Dragonfly
F - (can\'t remember right now)
G - Masters Of Defense (MOD) Ladyhawk
H - Microtech Medallion
I - Camillus CUDA
J - Cold Steel Triple Action
K - Spyderco Mike Walker (limited edition)
L - Bechmade Model 800 AFCK (older model with Spyderco hole)
M - Emerson with Wave opening system
N - MOD Razorback
O - Microtech LLC Lightfoot (manual)
P - Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT) M16
Q - Spyderco Howard Viele
R - Boker Boker-matic (auto-closing knife)
S - MOD Dieter II
T - Microtech Mini-SOCOM
U - Cold Steel tanto (one of discontinued three-knife set)
V - TOPS UTE 01
W - Benchmade Model 690 Wood/Carbon Fiber
X - Benchmade Model 850 Mel Pardue
Y - Benchmade Model 880 Dark Star

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet. I was going through my collection the other day.....your display gives me an idea to see what they would look like laid out.
'Bout the only ones I have that I didn't see in your collection were bayonets and a K-Bar.

I have two Cold Steel Tantos also....what is the length of yours?

What's your favorite carry?

CRKT is good, but usually the Gerber for dress occasions.:D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did forget to post some, and I don't have photos of all my knives.

from top to bottom:
• Blackie Collins letter opener
• Cold Steel CAT tanto
• I have no idea, just another plasti-knife
• cheapo auto knife
• FN49 bayonet
• 16" ASP
And to the left is my WWII Japanese officer's sword.

I do have a Ka-Bar that stays in my vehicle - the camp knife model with the deep belly.

The little Cold Steel tanto in the first picture has a 4.125" blade; it was one of a set of three in different sizes, IIRC. I bought it by itself from a vendor.

I either carry my BM mini-Stryer or MOD Dieter II with a Spyderco Cricket.

The CAT tanto has it's own home:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Alright, everyone give Betty a wide berth if you see her coming :p

P.S.
That is one hell of a collection. The one in the shower is the one that is really interesting. That's the one place that I always feel vulnerable. Not that a BG would want to be anywhere near me when I am naked and wet :D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, some guys called me paranoid for the \"shower buddy.\" Considering my home had a recent break-in, I call it prepared.

Besides, if I have a really bad tangle in my hair.... :p

R

·
0 Posts
That is an awesome collection. I would like to have a knife and gun collection even half that. Eventually I probably will at the rate I am going. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice collection Betty.

Now i feel knife deficient, guess i need many more.

PS i really like the look of the crkt m16 how do you like that one?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That CRKT is a good budget knife. It fits the hand well and is relatively robust. Since I can only tote so many knives on me at a time :D that one just sits in the safe. Most of my knives don't get much use - I use the Cricket for utility work.

My mini-Stryker just did some hard work cutting Christmas wrapping paper. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
What kind of practice/training do you do with any of those? Are there any you practice throwing?
I am curious because this summer I started throwing knives as a diversion (not quite a hobby yet) I made targets and picked up a half dozen throwers....I am at the point where I can hit 75% of the time and spend less time picking them up (or dodging them)
I have a Kempo/Ju Jitsu backround, but don't practice knives much..... so I was wondering if there was anything special you'd concentrate on other than the usual defensive tactics.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My knife training is very minimal. I do know good places to stick it and slash with it, but I prefer a gun. At my size, I try to keep any physical confrontation to a minimum.

I have a Cold Steel rubber trainer, and I'll attack my heavy bag with it every now and then, but my knife is not a first defense. It's mainly utility, but if I have to use it for defense, I will.

I tried throwing knives a long time ago and completely and utterly sucked. :D

·
Banned
693 Posts
Well, the attitude is familiar.

Hey, girl,

That looks like a mighty big collection for a little girl.

Since you cannot reach all of the way up to the sharpener, do you know of a good place to get that done?

·
Administrator
143,812 Posts
Fantastic!

A Tanto in the shower! :D
That's a new one on me.
Betty...really nice selection of neat knives.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since you cannot reach all of the way up to the sharpener, do you know of a good place to get that done?
Well, I know I could strop on the tongue belonging to a blue-eyed Sicilian biker, and then show him how pointy my pointy things are by imbedding them in the tires of his Harley. :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just saw this post. Betty, I have the same Tanto in my shower as well. (I also have The delta dart hanging from the shower head). In my womans F.A.S.T. defense classes I advocate either the CAT or the Delta Dart in their showers. Nice to see I'm not the only one getting called "paranoid" when people look in the bathroom;)

BTW the reason I like the delta dart is that the CAT Tanto edge tended to get a little dull after about a year in the shower due to calcium and water deposits etc. The water may not be as hard in other places, but the dart is sheathed and has retained its point so far, and it maintained its point better than the Tanto after repeated jabs, but they are both great to have if you need them.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Delta Dart looks like a really handy item; I've been meaning to get one. I think some sandpaper can fix the CAT tanto if it dulls. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I always wanted a really heavy duty plastic bag, with a built in grommet on one corner, to hold a nice stainless revolver in inside the shower....on a heavy duty hook.....Psycho me NOW, BOY!
Nice collection - all I have is a Leatherman!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, what a beautiful collection. I like the description as well.
The shower picture was over the top!
Quite a nice little back scratcher :O

Thanks for sharing, very interesting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That collection of knives must have cost a ton of money. Did you by any chance decide to put the knife in the shower after watching the movie psycho? I only own 2 good quality spring operated front opening knives, I don’t regret buying them but I won’t buy any more because I could buy a nice gun for the money I spent on either one of my knives. I am really impressed with your collection. I don’t carry either one around with me, I usually carry a very sharp Craftsman knife, screwdriver, locking pliers combo. If I wasn’t old enough to be your father I would ask you to marry me just to be able to play with you gun collection.
PS please don’t take offence with my last sentence it was just meant as a humorous compliment, I wasn’t being a dirty old man.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts