Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
I liked it.
Guess as much as we all talk about our guns we are screwed.
If the government is monitoring this forum, I just want to say for the record I have been trolling the folks here for some time now.
I actually do not own any guns. The closest thing I have to a gun is my Daisy BB gun.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I wonder, even most all of us use forum names, if they can track you by your computers IP address.
I do not think they need your actual name.
Yup. Remember that huge government complex in Utah where every single bit of transmitted communication of an kind has been collected and stored. A few computer searches using key words or phrases is likely to identify (and locate) a huge number of "persons of interest".

·
Registered
33,932 Posts

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
I wonder, even most all of us use forum names, if they can track you by your computers IP address.
I do not think they need your actual name.
Yup. Remember that huge government complex in Utah where every single bit of transmitted communication of an kind has been collected and stored. A few computer searches using key words or phrases is likely to identify (and locate) a huge number of "persons of interest".
They can track you without using your actual name. They can relate everywhere you have used the same screen name or a version of a screen name, where you live, etc. Now some social media can track serial numbers from gun pics. Also, if your picture is online, facial recognition software is available to anyone now, not just the NSA.

I decided, on a whim, to track down an old friend of mine from college. She had married and I didn't know her married name or where she lived. I tried one of these sites where you pay to track someone down. Usually those work for me. But this time it didn't. But I knew an esoteric subject she was interested in and found a book about it on Amazon. I was able to find people who had listed that book in their public wish lists and she was one of them. I tracked her down through that. It is amazing what you can find out about someone online.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It is very easy for the government to figure out if you own guns. What is not so easy (without registration of guns) is to figure out which guns you own and how many. Confiscation always begins with registration. If you are a law abiding citizen, there is no reason in the world that the government should have that information.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Good video, thanks for posting it.

I'm not too worried about them coming for my guns, I think they just want the "scary" ones, and I ain't got none.

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
Good video, thanks for posting it.

I'm not too worried about them coming for my guns, I think they just want the "scary" ones, and I ain't got none.
I hope that comment was sarcasm. They WANT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. No exceptions. Many current and former candidates and occupants for/of high office have stated that in exactly those words. The rest support the idea and will implement it, given a chance!

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
It'll never work. The BGs ain't gonna give em their guns.
You are right. I should have qualified my statement. "They" really do not care that the BG's keep their weapons. In fact, that will give "them" even more control over the honest citizens because they will live in terror of both criminals AND the government. At least that is the plan.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I wonder, even most all of us use forum names, if they can track you by your computers IP address. I do not think they need your actual name.

My mistake in not qualifying my statement, and you are absolutely right.

What I was referring to is "let say hypothetically" sometime in the future, your involved in a self defense shooting.

Part of the investigation by the local LEO's, will include, looking at your social media profile.

Sure "big Brother", can find out everything, including our statements here on this and other forums. But those agency with "three letters" do not investigate nor do they care about local issues.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
It is sad how careful we need to be when we speak on line or on the phone. Everything spoken, written or shared is subject to collection by the government. We give up so much freedom for the allusion of security. When they come for our guns there will be no place to hide. I truly fear for the future of our nation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts