Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
HotGuns, could you not post the pics because of the size restriction? Let me know and I can bump it up if it is too restrictive. It was an arbitrary limit that I pulled out of the air when setting the forum up.

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try a few pics...

A picture of my .300 Whisper and the can that I built. It works well. It has a rear collet mount and trheads on to the flash suppressor threads. Its a very rigid setup.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
How does that .50 shoot? Looks like an awesome weapon. Like the AR, too. I\'m salivating :p

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It\'ll do 5 1/2 \" at 600 yards with reloads.

It really does better than expected, I used a new M2HB so I didnt really have very high hopes for it. The chamber is kindof sloppy but using fireformed brass takes are of that.

The best thig is the \"kick\" or lack of. I designed and built the muzzle brake and it kicks less than a 12 gauge with light loads. My .300 Sendero hurts me worse to shoot.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
You ever done anything with the .50 AR15\'s?

C

·
0 Posts
Thats one mean arsed looking piece of steel. I saw a book that had instructions on how to build a similar looking .50 cal. Is that what you did? I would love to have something like that to take to the range. I bet they would quickly open a lane for me :)

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a book of plans by Maddi-Griffen.
My gun is a Maddi clone with lots of adaptations to make it more user friendly.

As you can see by the pictures, I\'ve added a triggerguard and handle platform,modifed the scope rail and added a bipod and a monopod. I think it looks better and although I made the muzzle brake according to plans, I made one of my own design that works much better and thats what is on the gun.

Bumper:
Ive never done anythign with the current group of .50 BMG top halfs for the AR.

I am currently working on a design by Bill Holmes which is a single shot bolt action rifle but I am modifying it to take a 10 shot Barrett magazine...along with several other mods.

.50 BMG s are addicting. Once you get used to touching them off, even my .300 Mag seems awful little in comparison.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.