Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I like the stairs one. It just shows that you don't necessarily need a 1000 pound $4000 safe to store your guns. Using an old 'fridge is a nice idea as long as it can be locked, but I think I filing cabinet would be a target for thieves. Thanks for the ideas!

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
You MUST (GOTTA'!) stop this!!! If it IS a good idea, how is sharing with +100K anonymous online strangers gonna'...KEEP IT SECRET?!? :blink:

Don't misunderstand, I appreciate & admire your creativity & handy work. :yup:

Yet, were I a (gun)thief, I'd be...sending you flowers. :image035:

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I think all such storage methods should have a 'presentation' aspect, such that they don't just open to a handgun lying there. An exception might be a magnetic under the table type, or something where it presents naturally. You don't want to be fumbling around when the adrenaline is dumping. That's why I like the floor vent with popup option.

I think all of these 'not in plain sight' storage methods along with a locked closet door are equal to or perhaps surpass a very large safe that is out in plain sight. I like the idea of having keyed storage both upstairs and down that is not obviously screaming 'gun safe'.

Great post, OP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts