Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the first juror to pronounce Chauvin guilty was at a DC rally lest summer wearing a BLM shirt and hat with the phrase Get You Knee Off Our Neck. His family posted it to social media.
The jury questionnaire asked each juror if they or anyone close to then attended any police brutality rally's.
Throws a little more fuel on the appeal fire .

·
Premium Member
36,933 Posts
Not guilty of what? He is guilty of doing something very stupid but too much doubt on what caused the death to be guilty of murder or manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt.
I have no doubt on what caused the death. Apparently, the jury felt the same way.

·
Premium Member
36,933 Posts
Even though some experts have said that death was caused by an overdose of drugs and health issues? You have no doubt whatsoever?
I watched the videos. No doubt whatsoever.

An expert is someone who gets paid to render an opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,535 Posts
Regardless of your opinion, the juror may have lied during voir dire.

Be concerned about the process, not the defendant.

IF (big if, because it's all internet reporting that I've read) the juror did indeed lie during voir dire, is it right to shrug our shoulders and say "well, the defendant was guilty anyway."?

What if you are the next defendant, and you are truly innocent? Is that when the lie becomes important?

Here the man may have lied about a question material to his bias. In such a case, a perjured juror is not a juror.

If the allegations are true, the defendant may have had only 11 jurors and a prosecutor in the jury room. That should give anyone pause.

·
Premium Member
36,933 Posts
Regardless of your opinion, the juror may have lied during voir dire.

Be concerned about the process, not the defendant.

IF (big if, because it's all internet reporting that I've read) the juror did indeed lie during voir dire, is it right to shrug our shoulders and say "well, the defendant was guilty anyway."?

What if you are the next defendant, and you are truly innocent? Is that when the lie becomes important?

Here the man may have lied about a question material to his bias. In such a case, a perjured juror is not a juror.

If the allegations are true, the defendant may have had only 11 jurors and a prosecutor in the jury room. That should give anyone pause.
That is always a maybe during jury selection. The juror in question indicates that he was open about the demonstration he was a part of, and his rationale for being there. Allegations are just that, and until they are shown to have solid basis in fact, the pot gets churned.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Does anyone genuinely believe he is not guilty?
I genuinely believe he cannot be guilty of all three charges. They are mutually exclusive to each other.

At best, a manslaughter charge might hold water.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts