Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day in my nice little safe City. Thats what our worthless Mayor calls it.

This young man was standing with a group of people and this other guy pulls up opens his autos door and falls out to the pavement.

Well the young man who was with this group walked over and helped this guy to his feet. While he was asking if he need help the Guy pulled out a handgun and shot the man who had just helped him dead.

The shooter had just been released from prison for shooting someone and did not know the guy he shot.

Just another little item to be ready for when you think you are helping someone in need.:frown:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
the Guy pulled out an ILLEGAL handgun and shot the man who had just helped him dead.
I added one word HG - helping us see that the determined ex-con even can and often will be armed again after release.

A sad and very salutary experience - just another thing to consider when we may wish to be helpful and upstanding citizens.

I guess, imaging the scene - some time should have been given to see what the guy was gonna do - get up himself or remain in a heap. Even so - a far from expected outsome :frown:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Damn shame that a good person had to die, because of someone who shouldn't have be out of prison. If only we could read minds.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Another reason why I favor the death penalty! BTW AirForceShooter, that is a good one!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Two things:

(1)If it is evident to me that the person falling is himself able bodied, then I would see no need to assist him/her.

(B)Feeling the need to "help" someone usually stems from an emotional response to their situation. If this occurs, it succeeds in removing us from condition yellow, and into the blinding whiteness.

Having said that, I do believe it is possible and prudent at times to render aid where warranted, while maintaining one's vigilance.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
AirForceShooter said:
I'm orginally from New York City.
When people fall down we step over them.

AFS
How times change. When I grew up on Manhattan we weren't as rushed....... We walked around them! :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts