Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being at the shop part-time is a pain a lot of the time. I enjoy it mostly, but it's days like the one I had a week or so ago that make it worthwhile.

Enter one 1934-35 S&W 38/44 Outdoorsman. Idiot touch-up reblue on the frame, everything else untouched. All numbers match, including grips. Bore is perfect - if this thing has seen a more than a few hundred through it in the last 70 years, I want to shake the hand of the guy who did the lockwork.

The best part? Since the part numbers were individually labelled "1513", the guy who bought it when I wasn't behind the counter thought it was a 15-13 - and paid Model 15 beater prices.

Sure, it's a shooter with the reblue. Yes, I got some bad glare off the sideplate in the photo, but this is one I've been wanting for a long, long time.

I cannot say no to a pre-war S&W with adjustable sights for under two bills. No, not me.

(And yes, I know what the grips alone are worth :) )

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
reblued or not, its a great piece. Wonderful part of history.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Nice - the right place at the right time and sense to know what's come your way. Nicely done.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good snag Robert - and I know that if the lockwork is anything like what was in my (dear departed) 1917 then it is part ways towards Swiss watch!!

Great aquisition - lucky dude. :smile:

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
What a super nice classic revolver.
I know how well they were fit together.
:yup: VERY NICE :yup:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
NICE classic wheelie ya got there RFurt! good score.. Yes.. it DOES pay off to work at a Gunshop LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Congrats! They are great shooters, I have a 1940 with the humpback hammer.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Very nice!:king:

So that's why we never see these in Montana. They get waylaid in Idaho!:smile:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So that's why we never see these in Montana. They get waylaid in Idaho!
Well, it's required - they end up in the legendary lost treasure chest of Elmer Keith that I'm sure is around here *somewhere*.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts