Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How refreshing it is to discover an on-topic, non-berating, no ALL-CAPS forum that could serve as my source for the accompanyment of like-minded persons that harbor the desire, need, and responsibility to carry, present, and utilize a concealed firearm. I am impressed with the lack of insignificant arguing that is so common on other forums, be it the credit of the members or the administrators of combatcarry.com. I welcome the advice and expertise of the varied members, and hope to eventually contribute usefull information myself. BTW, though I have several firearms, I am considering the Springfield XD-40 (in two-tone) as my ccw of choice and would consider the input of any member. It is slightly larger than the G36 , but is much more comfortable in my hand. I plan to carry in a holster between the hip and the small-of-back, as is most feasable and concealable given my dress and location. Comments?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Welcome

There quite a few people here who carry the xd40 i would pull up some links for ya but im getting ready to head to work ...

Do a search and you will be flooded with stuff to read

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome from Elizabethtown, NC. You are in a beautiful part of the state! I have a XD-9, my only 9mm, see no reason to replace it with any other 9mm it is so good to handle and shoot. Of course, CZ's rule!:smile: :wave:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Whereabouts in Asheville? I'm in Arden at the moment, hopefully moving to the Weaverville area soon.

I used to hang out at On Target a lot, but my rangetime had a signifigant decline when my girlfriend moved in. If you're a regular (or semi-regular) customer out there we've probably met.

Anyway, welcome to combatcarry:wave:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You and I probably need to talk (via pm) as my wife and I are looking to retire to Asheville NC within the next five or so years and will probably be spending time there before then...like soon. So watch for a p.m. from me.

Your choice seems spot on to me. I personally don't like the XD's but before my bretheren here begin to ignite their flamethrowers, let me say it is NO DOUBT a fine firearm, I personally don't care for them. However, I will reserve a total rejection until I've fired one of the new 45acp pistols. Heck, I might love it. It's prolly a sign of advancing age that I'm so inflexible and rigid. LOL

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
deWalt - welcome :smilez:

I am imagining you packing a cordless drill :wink:

No doubt our very own Euclidean will say a word or three on the XD-40 as well as other members. Despite various ''fan clubs'' for specific platforms I do think overall we are pretty laid back about folk's choices and for most part are more likely to applaud others for taking up carry at all!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome.
As Chris said:
I am imagining you packing a cordless drill
Though I'm partial to the Makita 9.6v. :smile:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome Dewalt, this is a nice forum where people seem to be friendly and don't care to give advice, unlike others where it seems like people just come there to flame one another.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smilez:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Zach, I am in the Leicester area. People around here tend to notice only the absence of gunfire, so I haven't much needed ranges. However, I've recently realized some value in them, so I will probably check out On Target when I get my new gun.

·
Registered
744 Posts
P95Carry said:
Despite various ''fan clubs'' for specific platforms I do think overall we are pretty laid back about folk's choices and for most part are more likely to applaud others for taking up carry at all!
Couldn't have said it better!:smile:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Might be in Asheville in May or June for a M/C get together.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.