Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted the picture of the meth-head that was shot 33 times by a 9mm before falling, on another forum and its validity has been called into question. ive searched this forum but cannot find the source of this picture (to use as validation on the other forum). any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
I couldn't find a pic but here is a statement of fact toward the case;

American Handgunner said:
Hallway Firefight: The Amadou Diallo Shooting
American Handgunner, Nov, 2000 by Massad Ayoob

But firing this large number of shots at or into one man is unheard of! Not at all. In one famous case, an armed drug addict in Cook County, Ill., was shot 33 times with 100 gr. Winchester PowerPoint softnose bullets from the Model 59 S&W pistols of multiple deputies, and remained on his feet trying to reload the gun he had emptied at officers. He was put down by the second of two 12 gauge rifled slugs subsequently fired into his still-upright body.

http://www.looksmarthunting.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_149_24/ai_65910628/pg_3?pi=rechun
- Janq

·
Registered
742 Posts
Time frame is very important--1960/70. There were not any quality 9MM JHP rounds around. Illinois State Police switched to the semiauto 9MM in I believe the late 50s or early 60s.

Before that my BIL carried 158gr lead round nose 38s in his Python.

Last, none of the 33 rounds hit anything of immediate value to the individual involved.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Where were the shots placed?....can't imagine any (unless the 33rd) were head shots?

·
Registered
402 Posts
WJP9 said:
Where were the shots placed?....can't imagine any (unless the 33rd) were head shots?
.....guess again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very informative pic but - just in case anyone does not want to see it (unlikely!) have left just the link - it is surprising but accept it is a pic of a well ventilated corpse! Chris, P95

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Good thing I carry 35 rounds instead of just 33.:rolleyes:

Reactions: flintlock62

·
Registered
319 Posts
KC135 said:
ispcapt..did your department get the Glock 22 problems squared away?
Glock replaced all our G22s last fall at no cost except for $53 each to cover the cost of the new night sights. Supposedly the new modified G22s won't have the same problem. Won't really know tho until we get a bunch of rds thru them. The other ones didn't start showing problems until 4-5 yrs old and 20K+ rds.
Glock says the problem should be fixed. Hope so.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was not going to post on this, but the dope vs pain connection had me flashing back to a incident several years ago.

I was on patrol with a partner when we attempted to make a DUI stop that went real bad. My partner and I fought with this fellow for several minutes which included with me bending his thumb back until it touched his arm (breaking it) and he just looked at me and smilled. He (BG) actually tried to pull my partners gun when we where in a struggle which promted me to pull my S&W 357 and press it in to he back of his head. I told the BG that I was going to blow his MFing head off if he didn't let go, at which point he just gave up.

The moral of the story is people just do ot lay down when shot unless you shut down the brain, they bleed out which gives them a lot of time to do damage.

BTW, The mix of PCP and Pabts Blue Ribbon made him superman!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Unbelievable! He looks like a piece of Swiss cheese.

Not much of a concentration COM, tho - I'd like to think that would make a difference . . . Of course, if he was moving around a lot, I guess you just gotta take the shots you can get.

Man, I need another gun!

LibertyGal

·
Registered
742 Posts
ispcapt said:
Glock replaced all our G22s last fall at no cost except for $53 each to cover the cost of the new night sights. Supposedly the new modified G22s won't have the same problem. Won't really know tho until we get a bunch of rds thru them. The other ones didn't start showing problems until 4-5 yrs old and 20K+ rds.
Glock says the problem should be fixed. Hope so.
Glock was unable to get Indiana State Police new Glock 22s up and running at all. Finally replaced them all with Glock 17s. Aparently the new frame is giving Glock fits.

·
Registered
319 Posts
KC135 said:
Glock was unable to get Indiana State Police new Glock 22s up and running at all. Finally replaced them all with Glock 17s. Aparently the new frame is giving Glock fits.
Yup, been talking to a couple of their guys. Glock wasn't going to let that contract get away from them after IN SP had been carrying Berettas. It's not good marketing to have an agency buy your guns and then even before the guns are delivered and in the field the agency cancels the contract and goes with another maker. Bad for business.
RE the 33 hits. It doesn't matter where the bullet enters. It matters the path the bullet took thru the body. A hit that appears to be COM may actually have only been a flesh wound if hit at an angle. Don't put much stock in pictures alone. It's only the bullet path thru the body that counts.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.