Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for holster recomendations for my SP101 3 inch barrel. Both inside and outside waistband. Just want something that works and is affordable( less than $50.00) I have a Fobus OWB, but it seems to be marring the gun finish.:hand1:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Friend, consider moving that to $70 or a bit more. Under $50 means used leather or something that I wouldn't recommend.

For IWB, I'd heartily recommend an IWB holster from AJ Concealco. Take a look at it. I think it's about $70 - $80. I have 3 I think and love them. They're very affordable but high quality.

You can take a look at Don Hume but I find them to be thin and not the best holster. They're not quite "cheap" but they're close to it. Galcos are "ok" and are afordable but they seem to be thick.

I'd also recommend you take a good look at UBG holsters. His stuff is VERY reasonably priced for the excellent value you get. I have one of his for my K9 and it's a very high quality holster. I think his holsters are in the $70 to $80 range but check out his site.

Of all the places where you want to make sure you have quality, the holster is it! The fit, retention, and sturdiness are all crucial to secure and safe carry.

God Bless
Gideon

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Fist holsters...HOLSTERS
#1A for IWB, and #12 Basic for OWB...:bier:

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I have a The Slide RH in Brown in stock for your SP101 3" as part of my 2009 inventory blowout. Take a look at my in stock list it is $55 shipped through Friday.

2009 Inventory Blowout

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would check out the Don Hume J.I.T. I haven't bought one yet but have heard great things about them for owb concealed carry.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just got a comp-tac IWB 2 o'clock holster for my 3 inch sp101 $70

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Fist may make some nice holsters but they have got to have the ugliest website I've ever seen. Also no ability to order online? What's up with that?
I also think their website leaves a lot to be desired. However, they do make a nice holster, and one can order online.
I don't think Fist holsters are up to Sparks' and the absolute top holsters, but considering the cost, delivery times, and quality they may be the "best bang for the buck."

I have a couple of #12 for J frames, and they are excellent. I do not have a desire for anything else.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts