Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you carrying your sp101 in? I can't find any good holsters locally so I need to rely on your opinions. I want something for IWB concealment. I pretty small, 5'4 140lb. Pictures would really help, thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a nice holster but they only have it for the 2 1/4" barrel :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Have you checked the Galco site? Warning, it's a very slow website but if you have lots of time, something may well be there.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I also carry a High Noon, SD. You might ask them about the longer bl. They are very helpful in the email department.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sent them an e-mail, everyone one on the page for IWB is for the 2 1/4"barrel I have the 3 1/16". those a really nice though I hope they respond with good news!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really not a fan of the pancake holsters I have never had one that was comfortable.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Carry my Sp-101 2" bbl. in one of two holsters. The first (and the one I generally prefer) is the 2 0'Clock Carry by Comp-Tac
which generally known as an appendix carry holster (worn at 2 0'Clock as the name implies). On a good gun belt (an absolute necessity) I have found this rig to be easy on and easy off the belt but extremely solid in place. I recommend it highly.

Another holster I use for the Sp-101 is the SOB by Galco.

At the outset let me say that I never wear this rig at the 6 O'Clock position as it is just too doggone uncomfortable to wear in that position. I wear it at more-or-less the 5 0'Clock position which makes it both comfortable and easy to reach. It has a screw tightening device which I find really helpful as my Ruger is the hammerless model. Both holsters work well.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Yesterday, Sunday, I bought my long-barreled SP101 gun at Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife Show. Such a pretty shiny revolver deserves its very own form-fitting leather holster I know. My new FNP-9 got a tanned leather Galco at Stoner Holsters in Middletown/Hamilton? Ohio. Damn! They are too close! I look at suggestions and brand names.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What are you carrying your sp101 in? I can't find any good holsters locally so I need to rely on your opinions. I want something for IWB concealment. I pretty small, 5'4 140lb. Pictures would really help, thanks!
I made this for my son, a similar holster could be made for an SP101. This is a 1-3/4" belt, the gun is a 2" Taurus.

Made this almost 2 years ago for a guy in Nebraska, I think. I like the dual loops better.

The answer is make your own, Tandy Leather Factory - Leathercraft and Leather Craft Supplies

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used to have a SP101. A close friend of mine wanted it more than I wanted to keep it. I tricked it out with custom wood grips ect. It was tucked in a Kramer Scabbard forward tilt holster. I found the holster at a gun show for $50.00. The bag a price tag of $120.00. I just couldn't get used to the 2-1/2" brl gun for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm I don't know what I want, I need to see some pictures.

I kinda like the comp-tac 2 O'clock, I sent them an e-mail to see if it fit the 3" barrel because it wasn't listed. I like leather IWB

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I would recommend a Double Clip or Double Snap for your needs. It supports a heavier gun like the SP and helps smooth out the bulk of the cylinder. I also have a The Slide OWB pancake style holster in stock in brown RH 15 deg with 1.5" belt slots. I do support a 3" SP101.

Let me know if you have any questions. :yup:

The Slide with my S&W 66-1 2.5"

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Those are very nice, I'm looking for an IWB though.

What are those Highnoon holsters made out of? Are they a soft material or hard plastic?

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Those are very nice, I'm looking for an IWB though.

What are those Highnoon holsters made out of? Are they a soft material or hard plastic?
The two on the top are IWB holsters.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts