Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts and strategy regarding spare magazine carry?

How many, where, why, when, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have yet to carry a spare magazine.The closest I've come is sticking an extra one in the car one time when we went out of town for the weekend. Of course, my gun's magazine holds 16 rounds. I figure in most situations I'm likely to encounter, I will have won or lost within 16+1 rounds.

Nonetheless, I'm still interested as well to hear how people carry their extra.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I carry one spare magazine with all of guns. It's usually only another 6-7 rounds since I have smaller guns (Kahr PM9, Kahr P380, Seecamp 32, etc.). I figure if I need more, I'm giong to be in bad shape anyway.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Whenever I'm carrying, which is always unless at work. I carry a 12 round spare magazine in a belt pouch, weak hand side.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I have a speed-strip and an auto-blade but seldom carry them. However, I always carry my Kimber Pepper-Blaster and I have a Taser on my wish-list too.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I carry a 1911 8+1 in the gun + 2 spare mags for 25 rounds

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I carry a Kel Tec P3AT which only has 6 round mag so 1+6 in gun and one spare mag with 6 = 13 rounds of EDC.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Spare Mags?

15+1 in the G-19 and 2x15 in mag pouch on weak side.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
EDC is XD 9 service, carry 18+1 and at least one extra 18 round mag and sometime 2.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I always carry, and have always carried, 2 spare mags. Not so much for the extra ammo, but due mainly to the possibility of a magazine malfunction.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I always carry one spare mag in an off-side mag pouch.

My wife also always carries one spare mag in an off-side mag pouch.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Carry 2 extra mags. For reloads and/or malfunctions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
one spare and a surefire

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
I carry a Glock 26, 10 + 1....two extra mags, weak side. The extra mags aren't necessarily for additional rounds, they are for the "unexpected" (malfunctions, broken mags, additional BG's)....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I carry a Glock 26, 10 + 1....two extra mags, weak side. The extra mags aren't necessarily for additional rounds, they are for the "unexpected" (malfunctions, broken mags, additional BG's)....
With my Glock 26 it is pretty much the same thing as First Sgt said, but I carry Glock 17 mags as my back up holding 17 instead of 10. When I carry my P-3at I have a 10 round mag as backup. I also have a 15 round P-3at and two 33 round Glock mags in each of my vehicles and more ammo still in boxes (part of my BOB).

·
Registered
48 Posts
At least one, and most times two....sometimes three....depends. I often carry my S&W 340PD in .357 for back up as well. It doesn't hurt to be prepared.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.