Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone carry spare mag's AND a box(s) of ammo in their vehicle? I carry a 1911 .45 but also have a couple of loaded spare magazines in my truck's glove box and a full box of my carry ammo to go along with the loaded spare mag's. Overkill? I was just curious whats in your vehicle as far as ammo.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I dunno, if I can get to a vehicle to load more ammo (should that be necessary), it's probably time to vacate the area. But, it can't hurt to be prepared.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my mind I keep the box of ammo in there not for personal protection but more for the insanely rare instance where my truck breaks down in the middle of nowhere and I have to go eat a bear. I have a better chance of becoming an astronaut than that previous scenario ever playing out but that's just how my mind works.

·
Premium Member
34,157 Posts
Anyone carry spare mag's AND a box(s) of ammo in their vehicle? I carry a 1911 .45 but also have a couple of loaded spare magazines in my truck's glove box and a full box of my carry ammo to go along with the loaded spare mag's. Overkill? I was just curious whats in your vehicle as far as ammo.
I have a box of 9mm and a box of .45 (target ammo) in each of my vehicles, not so much for emergencies as much as unexpected shooting opportunities.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I travel CA to NE and back every week.
Three mags (1 in gun) for 51 rounds and a box of 50 in my bag that goes everywhere with me.
All 124gn HST.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Not me. I work on a military base. If they ever searched my vehicle and found a box of ammo, they would completely disassemble my truck and strip search me in the parking lot trying to find a firearm.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I keep a variety of amo in a amo can. Different shotgun loads, 22, 556, and handgun calibers. Most so I have some for spontaneous shooting opportunists or in case I forget hunting amo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
My vehicle's get home bag has a box of 9mm, a box of 38+p and a packet of silica chips in a zip lock bag.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
- H. Jackson Brown

·
Registered
450 Posts
I carry a small "go bag" in my truck with a spare full sized 9mm with two mags and mags for my EDC. In the bag is also a box of Hornady XTP rounds. Lately, because of all the terrorism/riots/unstable society, I have my AR pistol in the truck along with a small ammo box full of mags.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have one magazine on me, and 2 extra in my bag. I just put two boxes of ammo in my bag to add weight and "be prepared". Not sure for what, I'm a slow magazine loader. I do know that 100 rounds of 10mm isn't light. :)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Have 2 extra mags in the truck for the gun I carry.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
All of my vehicles seem to have spare mags and spare ammo for several different guns. Sometimes, there might be an ammo can full, in one of them...just depends on what we have been doing lately.

·
Registered
8,910 Posts
I think it's a good idea.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
As hot as it is here I don't keep a lot of ammo with me. just a couple extra mag's full. I do keep some extra target ammo in case I get a chance to shoot that I wasn't planning on! DR

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used to worry about the heat and what it would do to my spare mags and ammo when I was living in Phoenix up until last year but now Im in the east and don't see those temps anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
I only have a box of ammo in my Get Home Bag, which lives in the trunk of my car. However it isn't easy to get to from the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I always keep two speedloaders for my LCR357 in the car plus 2 speed-strips on me! when I go to the beach this weekend same setup but have lock box in the car with a SR9c with a 10 rounder in it and eight 17 rounders loaded! Oh and a50 round box somewhere in their!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts