Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this on Firearm Blog, seems like an interesting idea. New ?Speed Ledge? Promises Improved Recoil Control | The Firearm Blog

It's funny how paranoid we've become about how the ATF or the anti's react to every improvement in defensive gun features. As soon as I posted this, I began to wonder if ATF or the Anti's might construe the Speed Ledge as some sort of second grip on the pistol.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I saw this in a recent magazine - Handgunner maybe. I really don't understand the purpose of it though.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like the purpose is for you to rest the thumb of your support hand on the 'ledge' that is shaped like a thumb safety so that you can exert downward pressure on the gun to counteract the recoil/muzzle rise. I was taught that if you use a proper Isosceles stance and grip, the large muscles in your chest and shoulders work like shock absorbers and do the same thing. I wonder, given how much more strength you have in your chest/shoulders than in your hand muscles, if the pressure of your support thumb on the ledge make any real difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts