Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking for some input on this if you can help.

I am looking for a speedloader to fit my S&W K frame 357. Currently the guns stock rubber grips & the CT grips get in the way to use the one I have effectively. I am looking for a speedloader (not speedstrip) to fit the set up I have, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
What brand to you have HKS, Safariland, or jetloaders? Not really aware of others. I have a k-frame .357 mag also, with pachmyr grips, and don't have an issue with my hks speed loaders, never used the CT before, speedstrips may be your only option.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I have the same model, a 66-1 with 2 1/2" barrel. All my speed loaders for it are HKS. I have the pachmayr compact grips on it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have HKS but really like the Safariland, they have a great rep and are fast due to the release of shells upon the loader touching the center of the cylinder. not sure on the grip width though, some grips won't fit speedloaders at all as I have been learning.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Yeah, I had an issue with my J-frame and the HKS speedloader I got for it, I have a tyler t-grip on order for it to help resolve this issue.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Sold my HKS loaders, they are just to hard to lug around and uncomfortable. I only use speedstrips now. You would be amazed how fast you can get with them and they are a lot easier to conceal.

NCH

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I have zero issues concealing speedloaders, especially the one for my j-frame, which rides on my belt in a safariland split-six pouch. I carry the loader for the kframe in a Don Hume pack six pouch, which can be used in a split six fashion. Its all personal preference, what works for me may not work for someone else.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did a search on the Speed Strips and found the Tuff Products version. Looks very similar to Bianchi. I think I will order me some of these for the days I carry my model 58 S&W .41 mag.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Anyone familiar with these?

I have a set of those, got em' cheap, they're fair at best, more suited for the range then carry IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
19,809 Posts
I have a set of those, got em' cheap, they're fair at best, more suited for the range then carry IMHO.
I agree. Tried them on a J-frame, but had to wrestle with them to keep the rounds in the cylinder instead of popping out.

Safariland is the way to go.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have some HKS for my j-frame but those safari ones look like the would work really well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts