Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know what "tendies" (chicken tenders) were, so I had to look it up. But otherwise, this meme makes a good point! And, I would recommend buying American!

93788390_2673063739636402_8938998588579512320_n.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will do my best to buy Made in America from a local family-owned store if possible.

I bought the wife a top-loading commercial Speed Queen washer made in Wisconsin from a family-owned store (- $1100) two weeks ago. Last week, I ordered a Don Hume H715-M IWB holster from them because my LGS didn't have what I needed. Yesterday, I bought two 8-round mags for my S&W 3953 from a private party. Just doing my bit.:smile:

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do my best to buy Made in America from a local family-owned store if possible.

I bought the wife a top-loading commercial Speed Queen washer made in Wisconsin from a family-owned store (- $1100) two weeks ago. Last week, I ordered a Don Hume H715-M IWB holster from them because my LGS didn't have what I needed. Yesterday, I bought two 8-round mags for my S&W 3953 from a private party. Just doing my bit.:smile:
You're a good man! Carry on!

Reactions: airslot and mkh

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ironically, people that are generally irresponsible will be using the stimulus checks for what they are intended for: buying stuff that will help stimulate the economy. People that tend to be responsible will be using the stimulus check to put in the bank or pay their taxes which is not going to stimulate the economy

The first time ever we might be owing a tribute to the welfare queens!

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
@G26Raven don't know if you are familiar, with the "gun tuber" Garandthumb", but ALL his followers use this, as a lose reference, in the comments section, to indicate being a "dweeb/slacker/airsoft ninja, in their mom's basement"; the actual meaning being what ever the subject is, and being rewarded. Also has sexual meanings*

*(see urban dictionary)

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@G26Raven don't know if you are familiar, with the "gun tuber" Garandthumb", but ALL his followers use this, as a lose reference, in the comments section, to indicate being a "dweeb/slacker/airsoft ninja, in their mom's basement"; the actual meaning being what ever the subject is, and being rewarded. Also has sexual meanings*
*(see urban dictionary)
More information I did not know! Thanks!

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I bought some more clothes from Duluth Trading Company. One of the few places that doesn't use chinese labor to make their product. Costs more, but is made in Taiwan (according to the tags). Better overall quality than the chinese made stuff by far.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ironically, people that are generally irresponsible will be using the stimulus checks for what they are intended for: buying stuff that will help stimulate the economy. People that tend to be responsible will be using the stimulus check to put in the bank or pay their taxes which is not going to stimulate the economy
Are you saying I shouldn't buy another gun?

·
Premium Member
3,956 Posts
Montgomery County, Maryland just announced that property taxes will have to be raised to cover the shortfall.

BTW, Montgomery County is a very Liberal sanctuary county.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Are you saying I shouldn't buy another gun?
BY ALL MEANS, please buy another gun! I've got to justify any/all purchases I should/will make! :rolleyes:

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Montgomery County, Maryland just announced that property taxes will have to be raised to cover the shortfall.

BTW, Montgomery County is a very Liberal sanctuary county.
Funny you mentioned this, as I live in the other Montgomery County and got my tax appraisal today, & it didn't change one penny! :wink:

Reactions: Jeanlouise

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Gramps announced today - again - that he needs new tires for his truck. He's been saying that for a very long time, and I think now he really does. They don't look too bad to me but I also know you can't tell by just looking if they are worn to the point where they need to be replaced. So it looks like a chunk of our stimulus money is going to support the local economy. :image035:

We do not eat out, so can't help out the local restaurants if and when they reopen. OH: There is one local "southwest grille" where they have things that I can eat on my diet. We went there once and it wasn't very good, but perhaps when they reopen we will go back one more time since it is family owned.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Speaking of Made in China, I noticed tonight that 90% of my cookware, made by various different companies, was made in the USA. Pleasant surprise.
I'm guessing you have had your cookware for a long time. Most of the brands that used to be made in the USA are made offshore (Not all in China, but most) and have been for several years now.

Reactions: gasmitty
1 - 20 of 67 Posts