Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
the frist things that jump out at me are the trigger, mainspring housing , and grip safety . The photo is not big enough to see if proper slidestop , safety , or hammer are there oh and also arnt the grip panels wrong for a 1911 shouldnt they be plastic ? i really cant remember offhand

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
yea i just hit what slapped me in the face on the 1911 vs 1911a1 issue , i am not an expert but that stood out at first blush lol on a second look i aint too shure about the slide but i cant read the rollmarks either on this screen

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
bruce that pixilated out for me , but if i had to say i would say at least the slide stop is wrong it looks stirated not checkered , the general shape of the safety looks right tho

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redneck Repairs said:
bruce that pixilated out for me , but if i had to say i would say at least the slide stop is wrong it looks stirated not checkered , the general shape of the safety looks right tho
I sharpened it a bit, it looks checkered

·
Registered
5,134 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
well bruce if you will concede the slide stop i have to admit that is all i am spotting even on reflection lol i eagerly await the true list from the experts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
heck leave it a day or so bruce let everyone chime inn lol

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
original magazine had a lanyard loop(in adition to the loop on the mainspring housing),The 1911 had a long trigger the gun in picture has a short trigger. the grip safety,mainspring housing and hammer are from 1911a1

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
I was workin' Bruce :frown:

Let's see, what's wrong...
as stated MSH, trigger, (grip safety is correct "edit" nope, it does look like an A1)

slide (it is USGI) is post 1938
hammer is post 1939
United States Property and inspectors stamp is missing from left side of frame
Slide stop is a post 1924 and it's probably a Commercial model (Colt didn't use serrated on the M1911s, they used knurled thru 1945 with intermittent production of serrated slide stops beginning in Oct. of '44)
the finish

Not on a 1919, they stopped that around 1915 or so.
The last Colt issued with lanyard loop mags was #125566, last M1911 of 1915.

Hmm, this is kinda fun. :wink:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
damm i do belive i scored high fair on what i spotted considering i am not an expert and have not studyed 1911s lol

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I sure know little about 1911's....compared to most of you anyway.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts