Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has her CHL and carries all the time she regularly out shoots me at the range and enjoys running her 20 gage Moseburge 500 and Ruger 10/22. Most of all she enjoys shooting her handgun. My question is how many of you on forum have a spouse or close family member that really enjoys shoots with you and you believe you could count on in times of real trouble?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I absolutely can count on my wife! She is an CHL holder as well and she too out shoots me on occassion..........Okay most of the time!

I think she may even be a certified gun nut like myself now. She has been wanting to go to the gun shop alot lately.:hand10:

·
Registered
384 Posts
My wife hasn't carried yet, but she is a good shot and getting better.

I recently got her a gun of her own. It is the larger version of my EDC, so I would have no problem with her having it in an emergency.

She has been to the range with it once. I have taken it twice to help with the break in process.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
When things go bump in the night, my first instinct is to arm myself.

My wife's first instinct is to see what the noise is.

But, we're working on it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My wife carries everywhere we go, and it's a comfort knowing she has my six.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My wife carry's almost as religously as I do. And she's probably a beeter shot than me at times. And my daughter has been shooting real guns since she was 6 (now 10) and I affectionatly refer to her as Annie Oakly.
I would absolutely be able to count on the wife in a dire situation since she's taken a long and argeous course with me on SD shooting.
The daughter might do OK with the stress if we were in a SHTF situation at home.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
My fiancee..(lives with me)...is an avid hunter and shooter. She knows how to run every gun in my house. She is only 20 and will get her CCP upon her turnign 21 in May of next year. I am making her in to an unarmed but very alert sheep dog now until she can be legally armed.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
LOL, that is the PINK one that my 4 year old wants. every time we walk by it. "daddy can you get me that pink gun?"

Got to love that girl!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I carry every day, hubby carries every day, Dad carries every day, daughter can't wait to be old enough to carry, and we all shoot together as often as possible.
With the exception of Dad and his schedule, the rest of us shoot at least once a week.:yup:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Sadly it's just me. No immediate family members, only in-laws and they're in SC. Wife doesn't like firearms and for the most part wont touch um. If there's a threat, it's up to me.:image035: I have tried to get her involved, but it's no use and I don't want to force the issue on her. I feel due to her fear of the firearm, it's best if I handle the threat alone, and let her make the phone call to the Sheriffs office. I don't need a round coming from behind unexpectedly.:blink:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
My fiancee Slickshot also a member here.
And my twin brother also LEO with out a doubt I cant trust either to back me on any thing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
LOL, that is the PINK one that my 4 year old wants. every time we walk by it. "daddy can you get me that pink gun?"

Got to love that girl!!
Well my daughter and wife have been refusing to own any gun with pink on it even though I like the idea of them having pink guns. ;-)
So when my daughter saw the Crickets last year I told her she could have one if it was Pink! So she reluctantly accepted. lol
Now her Heritage (on her hip in that pic) has pink pearl grips. She's starting to come around to pink guns I guess? ;-)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My wife's interest in shooting is very minor. She's glad that I carry but has no interest in it herself. My wife isn't the only person in the house so I do have back-up; just not the wife.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ape - I have a holster that is Identical to that one,.. I have the drop belt that matches it.. :)
Really?!? That holster is one my wife's father had for years. He kept his Enfield in it until it was passed on to her. Then I found an original to put it in and gave that one to my daughter. The belt is one I won at our gun club and happened to match it somewhat. But I've never seen an actual matching drop belt? You have any pics of it?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts