Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering buying a .45 caliber handgun for my next EDC and am looking at a PX9161LP and possibly the P19240LP in .40 Caliber

I currently own a Glock 27 but want something a slimmer in design. I always liked 1911 versions. I also might consider the XD versions since I am familiar with the hammerless models. I also own a Beretta 92FS that I have had since the Mel Gibson films. I have had a few revolvers in my time but I am not a revolver guy even though I do have a Taurus 5 shot .44 special that was given to me.

I really want a .45 that is slim in design mainly for OWB as I hate the DAD JEANS look and do not do button up western shirts. Therefore looking for a slim line .40,.45.

All suggestions welcome good or bad.

Thanks in advance
:comeandgetsome::image035:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I personally would avoid a 3.5" 1911 like the plaque. Seen and experienced first hand the problems with chopped 1911's.
I'll stick with the original 5" design!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I have two 1911's, both Kimber CDP's (an Ultra and a Compact). I carried the Ultra for a couple of years. About 3 months ago, after a Point Shooting Course, I switch to a Glock-36.
Now my Kimbers gave me 7 + 1, and my Glock-36 gives me 6 + 1, not much of a difference. I have grown to really like the Glock for dependability, simplicity, accuracy, and ease of concealment.
Each of us has to determine what works best for the individual...Kimbers are great guns, and so are the Glocks, but the Glock-36 has the thinnest grip of all the Glocks. I love the gun.:king:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All have to check out the Glock 36. I already own a 27 that I love to carry but would like a bigger caliber. Thanks for the input. It will be at least a year before I will be able to make that big of purchase. I am also considering a supertuck for the 27. will the 36 fit in the same holster as the 27 or will I need to have a different one.

Thanks for all the help. I do appreciate any and all information.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I think you'll need a different holster for the 36. I think it's slightly narrower than the 27.... You'd have to call Crossbreed to ask...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have a Compact RIA (3.5") and has been nothing but reliable for me.

But I would like to have a Glock 36 or at least try one and see if I liked it. But from the looks and the weight I think it would make a great carry .45

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
My EDC is a Kimber Stainless II Ultra carry and it's been flawless. Eats everything I put in it without a hiccup.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My EDC is a Springfield 1911 SS Micro-compact (.45acp). While there are certainly some who have had reliability issues with their short barrel 1911s, I can only say the following about mine:
* Reliable
* Well built
* Very accurate
* Easy to conceal.
Bottom line ... I would purchase another one in a heart beat :yup:. Good luck with your final decision!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts