Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at the local GS this afternoon just to see what was on the shelf, recently traded etc.

I didn’t really see much of anything interesting under the glass. I have been thinking of a new 1911 in commander size, when I inquired if anything was coming in soon.

The owner returned with the “Emissary“ saying he just got this in.

I have not seen/heard of this new gun.

I shot a couple mags just as it came out of the box with no problems here at home. I’m hoping to get a chance to put some rounds on paper soon.

Trigger Air gun Font Material property Gun barrel

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I've had my Emissary a few weeks now. I haven't shot it a lot yet as I've been busy deer hunting. However, I was able to put a few magazines through it a week or so back and really like how it shoots. IMO, it is a lot of 1911 for the money.

@flh : Do you have any leads on a holster? I contacted White Hat Holsters on Black Friday and they were not sure if one of the OWB holsters would work.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've had my Emissary a few weeks now. I haven't shot it a lot yet as I've been busy deer hunting. However, I was able to put a few magazines through it a week or so back and really like how it shoots. IMO, it is a lot of 1911 for the money.

@flh : Do you have any leads on a holster? I contacted White Hat Holsters on Black Friday and they were not sure if one of the OWB holsters would work.

View attachment 368534
I have a couple of Galco holsters for my Springfield Milspec, the Emissary fit nicely, but with square trigger guard I have the same concern, I have e-mail Galco inquiring if a new holster style will be needed .

Update Galco does not make a holster for the Emissary at this time.

I ordered a Mitch Rosen

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I have a couple of Galco holsters for my Springfield Milspec, the Emissary fit nicely, but with square trigger guard I have the same concern, I have e-mail Galco inquiring if a new holster style will be needed .

Update Galco does not make a holster for the Emissary at this time.

I ordered a Mitch Rosen

I think I may order the Mitch Rosen myself.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glasses Happy Organism Gesture News

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's a nice looking 1911ish gun, but I prefer a solid blue or black finish, no "squared trigger guard", and no "light rail", so it's not for me. Hope it shoots well for you.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Reactions: matthew03 and flh

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the information! Do you know what the lead time is on the Rosen? White Hat Holsters is supposed to contact me when they have more information.
From the Rosen web 10-12 weeks, I ordered my holster from the Springfield web my cc has been charged, but as of yet to receive notification of a delivery date.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Nice pistol!

Reactions: flh

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
@Tundra5.7

I received my MR holster today the fit & finish is very good, one problem that some may have issues with is the lack of sweat shield,

I added pics of my Galco holster for my SA mil-spec as can be seen the sweat shield on the Galco is much higher,

The last pic is of the Emissary in the Mil-Spec holster .

Glove Handgun holster Personal protective equipment Gun accessory Electric blue

Handgun holster Revolver Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
@Tundra5.7

I received my MR holster today the fit & finish is very good, one problem that some may have issues with is the lack of sweat shield,

I added pics of my Galco holster for my SA mil-spec as can be seen the sweat shield on the Galco is much higher,

The last pic is of the Emissary in the Mil-Spec holster .

View attachment 368951

View attachment 368952
View attachment 368953

Thanks for posting the pictures. Think I may order the MR from the Springfield site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts