Defensive Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know for sure about drifting the novak night sights on a SA 1911.? Looks to have a set screw in the rear sight .

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh,Bud to the rescue again. I should just e mail ya with my technical questions I guess. Thanks. my SA champion shoots dead on height wise, but holds abit left consistantly. Seemed to work well, but didn't quite feed once off a fresh mag. ( temps were 16 degrees witha 20 mph wind too) Might be just break in , cheap mag or cold weather , will run more ammo thru to see.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Bud is correct in his info.(not that I ever doubted him)
Losten the screw, and tap the sight.. probably with a brass hammer so you won't mar the sight.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
must be on there tight. Am wondering how much wering heavy gloves affected point of aim too. May just wait till it warms up a bit and shoot it again before I change too much. Its my summer carry gun anyway , so no real rush to press it in service.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Rocky, Are you left handed?
When I first got my Colt XSE I let my Father shoot it, and it shot little to the left for him, and spot on for me, then I let my brother in law shoot it, same thing he shot to the left, and I shot right on, They are both left handed.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
The guns are for sure sighted in for right handed people even though some will tell you there no difference almost every handgun ive had i had to realgin the sights on them for me

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, I am left handed. It may just be me not used to the short trigger pull yet too. Been shooting a HK USP that has more trigger take up by far, even in SA mode. Also wearing heavy gloves might change my grip a bit too.

·
Super Moderator
22,511 Posts
With "night sights" you might want to used a sight adjustment tool, I' seen the lens pop off sights by pounding them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts