Defensive Carry banner

Springfield Armory might be dropping a new import rifle on Friday

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  WrongRecroom 
#1 ·
So a while back this pop up on YouTube :
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Font

This is from the gov import files ie the list of guns people have submitted for determine if a gun is legal to import . Why is this big you ask well this is what that should look like
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

The Croatian VHS rifle there normal issues rifle ... Made by the same people who make the handguns for SA ... So it looks like from that they are trying to import it .

Now from the photos it looks like they are going the AK route ie import with a sporter mag and open up the mag well and do the 922r stuff in the USA which I am guessing will be new mag well prob a USA made pistol grip and FCG etc and prob un pin the stock .

Now the reason why I am making this post is SA posted this on Facebook :

Now this could be a bait and switch like the Saint was in many ways .. But I am hoping this gets imported .

They are weird guns .. And are in many a bullpup G36 rifle as they use G36 mags but they can use AR mags so I am sure which way SA would go if they bring them in

So fingers crossed Friday we get this gun and even more so that SA does a proper job converting it .. Esp if the keep the factory barrel and the like .. My guess 922r would be the muzzle device prob the mags and the pistol maybe stock parts as they are easy ones to do .. Maybe the FCG as well

See less See more
#5 ·
Again that is the miltary model if you look at the import pics its goina be a short barrel 16.1 or so inch maybe a little longer to meta OAL laws .. They make a 18.1 inch and a 16.1 model as the miltary options and I think maybe a very short model as well .. So I am guessing barreing any forced legal stuff it will be int he 16-17inch range like other bullpups

Reactions: Rabbit212
#6 ·
I think it will have a market the Tavor does well .. If they get the trigger right it will sell .. A lot of people like pups as they are as short as you can legally go on a rifle so handy

Plus if this does take G36 mags its prob as close a G36 we will ever see in any number in this country other then Tommy Built stuff

And its a imoprt which are getting rarer and rarer now so any time someone manged to jump all the hoops to import a rifle I want to support thme

Reactions: matthew03
#7 ·
Cool gun. HS Produkt (the designers and manufacturers of the HS2000, aka the Springfield XD) have have this rifle for quite a while.

Cant say I’d be in the market to buy one, but I’d definitely love to get my hands on one and see how it feels. Hope its more reliable and durable than the XD handguns.

#11 ·
I looked at all the bullpup design's, availible, some time ago. The closest design I found, that was "DIFFERENT", to all the firearm's designed, and/or I own, or have shot, was my Kriss SDP II, pistol. And yes, not a bullpup, BUT, a "true departure of action design, and trigger configuation". As O.V. said, "doesn't scratch an itch". @WrongRecroom thank's for posting this though, as I DO like to keep up with "new firearm's".

#15 ·
1.9k street about what a X95 or a AUG was my guess if they do keep coming in they will come down

If this was not import the price would be too high .. But imported yeah the price is about right .. As I am guessing there is more work and man hours to 922r once it hits state side ...From the looks of it not as much as AK but still work to swap out parts the mag well I am guessing etc .

Reactions: Sister
#16 ·
I will say baring any major issues with it or recales I do thinks its going to be a hit the easy cam system for l or r hand shooters .. the AR15 pistol grip and mags should help and the gas system is very neat and not the usally system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.