Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new Springfield Armory Ronin in 45 ACP a few days back. I wanted the Commander size with the 4.25" barrel to make occasional carry a little easier and found one at a LGS. Cleaned it up and finally took it out today and put a few rounds through it. Pistol shoots great, just a little snappier when compared to a full size 1911. Below is a picture of the pistol along with my EDC Benchmade. I know this is not the holster forum but would like a few opinions on holsters?

·
Super Moderator
19,562 Posts
Handsome gun! Is the frame alloy, or steel?

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Handsome gun! Is the frame alloy, or steel?

This one is alloy. The 5" models have a steel frame and the 4.25" models have alloy frames. I almost waited for the 5" model in 10mm but the LGS could not tell me how long it would be before it came in. How can you go wrong with the 45 ACP though?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I prefer high and tight OWB carry.

Congrats, nice find.

I would consider this gun, were I to buy another 1911.
Liking eveything about it , & price... very appealing !

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Beautiful pistol! I am wearing a Hays holster as I type and it has been a great holster, but I don't think he is making them anymore. I have had a lot of luck with Galco holsters - both belt and shoulder. There are so many good holster makers out there. Always fun to search them out.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I prefer high and tight OWB carry. You do not need to spend a ton to get a decent Kydex holster on EBAY.

Nice pistol, it is on my short list.

Thanks. It was priced at $100 below MSRP, so I felt like it was a reasonable deal....especially right now. I am still on the fence as to whether I will IWB or OWB and for that matter, leather or kydex.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Thanks. It was priced at $100 below MSRP, so I felt like it was a reasonable deal....especially right now. I am still on the fence as to whether I will IWB or OWB and for that matter, leather or kydex.
Yep. I have several of each kind. :unsure: When I sometimes carry my Commander OWB it's in a Galco Concealable -- fine fitting holster with a good cant for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
That's a nice pistol. I shot one side-by-side with my Ruger SR 1911 CMD (after it had a trigger job). They felt and shot about the same, and the Ronin was right out of the box so that was a big point in its favor. The Ronin also had better sights and cost about the same as I paid for my Ruger. Great deal IMO, especially at $100 under MSRP.

I have a Milt Sparks VM2 for mine that I really like. It is extremely comfortable, easy to draw and reholster, and conceals incredibly well. I don't carry this pistol as much as my Glocks (habit more than anything), but I do love shooting it.

What I haven't been able to find are belt-mounted magazine holders that I like. The single stack mag is more challenging to get into a think holder that has a small mouth, but that would likely be overcome with more practice.

Reactions: Tundra5.7

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
For IWB I like the Versa Max 2 from Milt Sparks and for OWB I like their Axiom holster. Not being a leather snob I just know what works and what pretty much stop my holster purchasing habits

1 - 12 of 12 Posts