Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just read an article in this month's gun tests, they liked it, good reviews, good accuracy, expensive little sucker though.

·
Banned
56 Posts
I'm in love with the EMP 9mm. At $1000 or more, it ain't in my future anytime soon, though. (I'm also in love with the new Sig 238 and that one MIGHT be affordable.)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Both guns are fantasmic! The Sig P238 is close to $600. The EMP is a bit out of my range at this time. One of popular gun magazines is currently featuring the P238. People love it. One problem, though with the .380 round: Extremely DIFFICULT to get.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thats a damn good deal! That $600 price tag was quoted from a Long Island gun store. In hindsight the P238 that I held had the fancy wood. Maybe thats the reason.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I carry the EMP 9mm unless I am in the shower. I love it...however I do not have any experience with the 40. Yes, they are rather high priced, but IMO mine was worth the cash I had to lay down. I am in several different gun shops quite often but have not seen a 40 EMP. Are they readily available and are they about the same price as the 9?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
one of my best friends bought a new EMP 40 about mid summer and ended up making it his #1 carry within a week. Having shot it myself at the range a time or two, I can see why. It's one quality handgun.

surv

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I'm interested in buying an EMP for my 4'10'', 105lb wife. I was assuming I'd have to get an EMP9 due to recoil. Is there a significant difference between the 9 and 40?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Those in the hunt should know the 9 is NOT +p rated. I dont know about the 40.

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
I'm interested in buying an EMP for my 4'10'', 105lb wife. I was assuming I'd have to get an EMP9 due to recoil. Is there a significant difference between the 9 and 40?
Held an EMP 9mm at a gunshow today....soooo nice. Had custom sites, was used, but still beautiful, and $1300.

Great size for CC tho, altho not dehorned at all.

I'm going to be shopping for something in between that and cheapo, unreliable. I should post for suggestions.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lets remember that the EMP 40 is a steel frame and 33 oz versus the 9's alloy and 26oz. This is why the 40 version can handle the .40S&W round and the 9mm is not rated for heavy +P use. I think recoil should not be too much more with the 40 because of its steel frame, but remember it's a heavy gun for a subcompact.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Thanks for the info on the EMP9 versus the 40. Helpful.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I luv my EMP .40.....recoil is very manageable...it is a 1911 in a small scale...lol....unfortunately, Crimson Trace does not make a laser grip for the EMP yet....

Good luck...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not alot of difference in recoil IMO. I like the 9mm due to ammo costs. Have 4 9mm's already and can't justify the cost of the EMP although it's a quality mini 1911.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I'll bet it won't be long before someone (Springfield?) makes a 9mm conversion available for the EMP .40. You can bet if the frame can handle the S&W .40 pressures, it can handle +P+ 9mm (or .357 SIG!).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'll bet it won't be long before someone (Springfield?) makes a 9mm conversion available for the EMP .40. You can bet if the frame can handle the S&W .40 pressures, it can handle +P+ 9mm (or .357 SIG!).

now THAT would be reason enough for me to put the EMP back on my must have list! Maybe I need to start saving up now....just in case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts