Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hellcat with a fracture in the barrel's feed ramp at about 475 rounds:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hellcat primer drag marks. Drag is normal.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
So th new miracle gun is not miracle after all. Based upon the reports above you can sure the Hellcat is not on my shopping list. I stick with my Walther.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I have several sub compact weapons and neither leaves drag marks on the primers (and yes, I do check my primer strikes EVERY time I am at the range).

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Why is this surprising?

A gun with almost identical characteristics as a P365 has similar problems to a P365.

The poor engineering fairy doesn't just hangout at Sig. She tends to visit a lot of gun manufacturers these days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't get it. Why can't companies just make stuff that works and is reliable? I have Beretta, Sig(not 365), Glock, Springfield 1911 and Smith. Never any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,166 Posts
[Not directed at anyone in particular]

Seriously??? Two failures, documented on an Internet web site, would convince someone not to buy a gun???

Would you fly in a Boeing 737? OMG! There have been DOZENS of fatal crashes, killing hundreds, since the B737 was introduced! Same goes for the DC-9.
How about the Airbus 320; one of the safest airliners ever made? ~1400 deaths in 17 fatal accidents.

Would you ride in a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge pickup truck? OMG! There have been hundreds of reported brake, tire, or suspension failures resulting in fatal accidents!

Ever talked on a cell phone while driving? If so, you exposed yourself to a far greater chance of being killed, than your chance of getting killed due to a defective Hellcat, or any other firearm, for that matter.

But gee, a couple of posts about gun failures rule out buying that model? :blink:

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a Hellcat, either, but it's because I don't care for Croatian Hrvatski Samokres pistols, and it appears the Hellcat was rushed into production to compete with the P365.

Hope you're not relying on a Glock, S&W, Colt, HK, Ruger, Beretta, Kimber, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Bersa, Browning, CZ, FN, Dan Wesson, Remington, Charter Arms, Kahr, or Walther. According to the Internet, they're all junk.

Whatever pistol you choose, you can find several Internet accounts to prove that your selection is junk. Get real!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Seriously??? Two failures, documented on an Internet web site, would convince someone not to buy a gun???

Would you fly in a Boeing 737? OMG! There have been DOZENS of fatal crashes, killing hundreds, since the B737 was introduced! Same goes for the DC-9.
How about the Airbus 320; one of the safest airliners ever made? ~1400 deaths in 17 fatal accidents.

Would you ride in a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge pickup truck? OMG! There have been hundreds of reported brake, tire, or suspension failures resulting in fatal accidents!

Ever talked on a cell phone while driving? If so, you exposed yourself to a far greater chance of being killed, than your chance of getting killed due to a defective Hellcat, or any other firearm, for that matter.

But gee, a couple of posts about gun failures rule out buying that model? :blink:

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a Hellcat, either, but it's because I don't care for Croatian Hrvatski Samokres pistols, and it appears the Hellcat was rushed into production to compete with the P365.

Hope you're not relying on a Glock, S&W, Colt, HK, Ruger, Beretta, Kimber, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Bersa, Browning, CZ, FN, Dan Wesson, Remington, Charter Arms, Kahr, or Walther. According to the Internet, they're all junk.

Whatever pistol you choose, you can find several Internet accounts to prove that your selection is junk. Get real!
Well yeah sure, but people on the internet that do not own one told me all about it. I always seek advice from the least experienced person available.

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
@Kilowatt3: I take your point, and I agree with you, but we are in a buyers' market for defensive handguns right now. (I am not talking about range and hunting guns) People are free to buy or not buy a certain model based on whatever criteria they want. For instance:
  • Cost: The one time cost of a gun, at least within a few hundred dollars, can be seen as pretty irrelevant. It is a one-time purchase that your life depends on.
  • Looks: Looks are irrelevant to the function of a gun. But a lot of people make decisions on that basis.
  • Military and police use: I know a guy who buys a lot of guns who won't buy a brand of gun that has not been used by major US military and police organizations. So he doesn't trust a Ruger, CZ, EAA or anything made in Israel, even though those are used in foreign militaries with success. I don't think he is alone.
  • Use in movies and TV: People who will go out and buy whatever John Wick was using in his latest movie, etc.
Back in the day, it was Colt or Smith, maybe Browning. And if there were problems with a new model of those, you didn't hear about it. An example is the Smith M39 9mm. The publications would not talk about failures with the early models. But the word got around in police circles and a lot of cops wouldn't touch them for years. So even when it wasn't a buyers' market the phenomenon you describe was true to some extent.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

Kind of what i was thinking....I can find Broken Glocks...Broken Shields...Kahrs,Sigs etc etc
It all depends on how bad you want to talk yourself out of something.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts

You know, I'm going to take your screed as a genuine question. I do not buy v1.0 software - ever. That policy has saved me thousands of hours and dollars over the years. I let others buy newly designed weapons and watch to see what systemic problems they have. Why? Because unlike the software my life may hang in the balance on the proper operation of the weapon. That is why I will not own a weapon that has repeated failures reported that other weapons in the same class do not have reported. Have a great day.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Does anyone REALLY need to buy one of these in the first 6 months to 1 year of release? There are bound to be a few bugs. Give the manufacturer time to work them out, THEN buy it. If you need a gun right now, there are lots of alternative.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
You know, I'm going to take your screed as a genuine question. I do not buy v1.0 software - ever. That policy has saved me thousands of hours and dollars over the years. I let others buy newly designed weapons and watch to see what systemic problems they have. Why? Because unlike the software my life may hang in the balance on the proper operation of the weapon. That is why I will not own a weapon that has repeated failures reported that other weapons in the same class do not have reported. Have a great day.
Wouldn't the best way to be to find out for yourself...Get out and run a few hundred rounds of different ammo
and brands?....Sure beats the heck out of taking someone else's word ford for it.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.