Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
It always amazes me that there are a ton of favorable reviews out there for a product, this one in particular had at least one ten thousand round test, but all of that is forgotten and tossed aside at the first issue posted. Talk about reactionary.
I put very little credibility in any YT reviews or tests because almost all of the channels are getting paid in money/product for the reviews, but they're also not clear about that being the case, despite legal requirements.

At least two smaller YT channels freely said in YT comments sections that Springfield gifted the Hellcat package to a bunch of channels- it included the pistol, mini vault, holster, mags, and some included red dot optics. Smart marketing on the part of S.A., but not cool that most of those channels won't even clearly tell viewers the 'marketing kits' weren't loaners but were in fact free gifts of pistol and accessories.

As for the claimed 10,000 round test- you and most others fail to mention the testers say it included at least four stoppages. To put that in context- the Army's testing of the new m17 pistols ran over 8,000 rounds before the first stoppage.

A question: how can you ignore all of the facts I mentioned in my other comment about S.A.'s anti Second Amendment actions? It's amazing that your reaction is to defend the brand over the 2A.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I put very little credibility in any YT reviews or tests because almost all of the channels are getting paid in money/product for the reviews, but they're also not clear about that being the case, despite legal requirements.

At least two smaller YT channels freely said in YT comments sections that Springfield gifted the Hellcat package to a bunch of channels- it included the pistol, mini vault, holster, mags, and some included red dot optics. Smart marketing on the part of S.A., but not cool that most of those channels won't even clearly tell viewers the 'marketing kits' weren't loaners but were in fact free gifts.

As for the claimed 10,000 round test- you and most others fail to mention the testers say it included at least four stoppages.

A question: how can you ignore all of the facts I mentioned in my other comment about S.A.'s anti Second Amendment actions? It's amazing that your reaction is to defend the brand over the 2A.
I'm afraid I don't know you from adam so I don't know what comments you may have previously made. If you would care to discuss the 2nd I'd be more than happy to.
So you just throw out a test because of how the materials were obtained? Seems a strange way to go about things, but it's your life. Live it how you want to.

Esse quam videri

·
Registered
441 Posts
Forgot to mention, that yes there were 4 FTF out of 10,000 within a two day period. That is a failure rate of
04%. Impressive regardless of how the ammo, targets, and firearm were supplied.

Esse quam videri

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Lol, this is all ridiculousness.

If you are going to hold a grudge against Springfield, then you shouldn’t own a S&W and certainly not a Ruger.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Gun Tests magazine reportedly had their first Hellcat experience a broken disconnector pin. Pins break, it happens. They had zero problems with the second Hellcat.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Some over at GT are speculating that the hollow tubular design of the hellcat striker may have a weak point where it meets the "safety hook", because that's where at least two strikers have broken.

Page 11 of the hellcat manual advises using snap caps for dry firing: "NOTE: Extensive dry firing can accelerate component wear/stress. Use snap caps if dry firing on a regular basis."

BrokenHellcatStriker_HollowStrikerDesign.jpeg

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
The Store has been selling quite a few Hellcats, and P365s..
To date, a lot of 365s come in for trade or sell.. We had the first 365SAS sell just before Christmas, and it came back IN as a trade/sell within 1 week.
Been selling the both OSP (549.99) and Standard (499.99) Hellcats since they have come out, and Zero have been returned or traded/sold so far.

I'm awaiting a used Hellcat to arrive in the store, so I can take it out and evaluate it myself. Might be a long while though.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Some over at GT are speculating that the hollow tubular design of the hellcat striker may have a weak point where it meets the "safety hook", because that's where at least two strikers have broken.

Page 11 of the hellcat manual advises using snap caps for dry firing.

"NOTE: Extensive dry firing can accelerate component wear/stress. Use snap caps if dry firing on a regular basis."
Link?

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
The Store has been selling quite a few Hellcats, and P365s..
To date, a lot of 365s come in for trade or sell.. We had the first 365SAS sell just before Christmas, and it came back IN as a trade/sell within 1 week.
Been selling the both OSP (549.99) and Standard (499.99) Hellcats since they have come out, and Zero have been returned or traded/sold so far.

I'm awaiting a used Hellcat to arrive in the store, so I can take it out and evaluate it myself. Might be a long while though.
Why are people getting rid of the 365s?

·
Banned
232 Posts
I’d like to know what constitutes Development testing and Durability testing at a typical firearms manufacturer, especially for new products.
Like with everything these days...computers. If the computer says this combination will work...ship it!

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Why are people getting rid of the 365s?
Still having Issues with the guns. They're going with Glock 43, 43X, 48, Shields, and Hellcats. No Hellcats have come back for repair or trade/sell yet.....Will keep you posted..
We get about 2 to 3 P365s in about every week. Selling for 375.00 to 395.00 each Used retail...
Whole bunch of 238s and 938s used too.... I know we can't keep Glock 19s on the shelf either....Some kind of trend, or passion buying... I dunno..:scratchchin:

·
Registered
6,643 Posts

Page 11 of the hellcat manual advises using snap caps for dry firing: "NOTE: Extensive dry firing can accelerate component wear/stress. Use snap caps if dry firing on a regular basis."

View attachment 310544
Looks like a MIM part to me..... Either that or Casting

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Still having Issues with the guns. They're going with Glock 43, 43X, 48, Shields, and Hellcats. No Hellcats have come back for repair or trade/sell yet.....Will keep you posted..
We get about 2 to 3 P365s in about every week. Selling for 375.00 to 395.00 each Used retail...
Whole bunch of 238s and 938s used too.... I know we can't keep Glock 19s on the shelf either....Some kind of trend, or passion buying... I dunno..:scratchchin:

tag.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tried hard to like the Sig, but problem after problem. Besides the fact that the gun is so over rated. Glad to get rid of mine. The final time I sent it back to Sig, they told me they had a new Extractor that should fix the problem. Ok, then another striker failure. Big mistake. Bought a new Hellcat and like it so much better. Better shooter, less muzzle flip (Sig is a snappy little Sucker). No problems so far with 600 rds down range with mixed ammo including a number of different defense loads.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
A broken striker at about 500 rounds on an SA Hellcat:

Like I mentioned. No Hellcats have come back yet, for Repair, sell, or trade...... I'll keep you posted......I played with both guns (the Hellcat and the 365 SAS ) and due to the sight picture, I would have chosen the Hellcat....
Like I said, I'll update my post when the store gets a used hellcat...
BTW, I have a Hellcat OSP gun on special order at the store....549.00 The video above makes me wanna wait until the gun grows out of it's growing pains.. Just like the 365...
The store has a lot of used 938s and 238s...2-3 used P365s right now for 375.00 to 395.00 People handle em, but they're not buying em....
Like anything, everybody has to get the "Latest and Greatest".....Everybody wanted the 365 and it's slowed down quite a bit, and the newest desire is the Hellcat, 43XL 48, and now the Glock 44 (22LR) The Ruger 5.7 is also a rage (handled 2 of the 7 we recently got 659.99, and the LCP in 22LR for 299.00 (that one looks like a real winner with people who wanna shoot a lot and pocket carry) ....... What's next Who knows....

61 - 80 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.